<  Yao and me  ~  How many times have you been to Yao's games?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:34 pm
Twice in DC when Rox came in town.

Guess I will at least attend 15 Rox home games if I live in Houston.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:12 am
Posts: 175Location: Boston, MAJoined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:20 am
Once when he was in Boston this year. There were more Yao fans (i.e., not Rox) in the crowd than Celts fans.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:16 pm
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
4 times live

twice when he played against the Lakers, once against the Clips.

also saw him played in Shanghai a few years back.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:47 pm
i have been to 2. one in the meadowlands and one in MSG.

i think MSG has to have the most expensive NBA tickets out there. i paid $70 and my seat was 3 levels above court! what a ripoff!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:25 am
User avatarPosts: 3321Location: L AJoined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 am
i cant wait 3 more weeks till lakers vs. rox.

yao better come in ready to school trash talking o'neal.. i got some middle level seats ... doesnt matter 7'6" center is BIG enough for me to see w/out resorting to binoculars.

i'll be there early so i can steal yao's towels, yao's sweat, yao's locker equipment and selling it all to u guys/gals ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:22 pm
Posts: 493Location: Cloud nineJoined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:26 pm
I seen him in person twice at Golden State. I would never forget that first 3-point made by Yao, I almost felt off my chair. I'm going to the next game on 3/19/04 and will have a chance to see Yao up close after the game. We are part of a group that has made special arraignments with Yao to meet him after the game.

Also, I have not missed any of Yao's games since he joined the NBA. Thanks goodness to DirecTV NBA Ticket and Tivo. All of the games are recorded and play back at my leisure.

Go Yao!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:58 pm
Posts: 2735Location: Houston, TexasJoined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:43 pm
I attended approximately 20 games since Yao joined the NBA, most of them in his rookie season, and the most recent last Saturday versus the Grizz. I also have tickets to attend at least 2 more games at Toyota Center. In addition, I have watched all his other NBA games on TV...guess I can't help being a Yaomaniac :!: :!: :D :D :wink: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:37 pm
Thanks OJ, good tips

Yao1Fan, any places good to shop for rockets gear? How far is Galleria from Toyota Center. I will be in Houston for the vs Toronto game and am looking to pick up some rockets stuff. Hard to find in Toronto.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:57 pm
Posts: 2735Location: Houston, TexasJoined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:43 pm
vaderschariot wrote:

Yao1Fan, any places good to shop for rockets gear? How far is Galleria from Toyota Center. I will be in Houston for the vs Toronto game and am looking to pick up some rockets stuff. Hard to find in Toronto.

LOL!! I bought the majority of my Yao and Rockets apparel at Academy Sports and Outdoors which is a sporting goods chain as they tend to be better priced than the other places. However, you can find much more at the team shop in Toyota Center, including some items that are only available there...these one of a kind items may be worth much more one day when Yao wins a championship :wink: :wink: :!:
The Galleria is a great place to shop (somewhat more pricey), and is about 15 minutes away from the Toyota Center. Hope you enjoy your experience in Houston and get to see Yao win the game :lol: :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:56 pm
Thanks any suggestions for shoes? Nikes and stuff

Offline Profile