<  Yao and me  ~  How many times have you been to Yao's games?

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 10:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
bblock12000 wrote:
you're pissing me off!

let me put it in a way that you can understand.

you don't know global economics, as documented by your superficical observation of the Japanese decline.

anyway, let's compare our background in economics, shall we ?

C'MON... there's no need to be p@ssed, and WHY you think I need to compare our respective background?? You're ALWAYS RIGHT and everybody is always WRONG. OKAY ??? Satisfied ??? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:09 am
bblock12000 wrote:
pryuen wrote:
...HK's and China's currency are linked to the US$, (Actually No) .
i do not wish flaunt my economic knowledge, in the process boring you to death, by giving you a full discourse on the workings of global political economics. you can pick up such nuances from read a "money and banking" book by Paul Samuelson, former MIT professor and Nobel Prize winner.

when GWH's supposed handlers were mouthing off on China's need to manipulate its RMB, they're talking w a forked tougue. they don't know what the F#&* they're talking about.

:arrow: they want the US consumer to continue enjoy the benefits of a low RMB (low cost items in Walmart) yet

:arrow: they want China to raise the RMB---which has the effect of making Chinese import to expensive to US consumers.

Yes, the US is contradicting itself on the Chinese RMB situation. But, as in this article, the US wants to get China to stop linking the value of its currency to the dollar.

http://www.iht.com/articles/511998.html

Why did you say the Chinese RMB and HK dollar are not linked to the US$ when the whole world knows they are?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:15 am
pryuen wrote:
bblock12000 wrote:
Japan's economic downturn was the result of its own undoing accentuated by poor timing. 3 major causes of its gravity-like economic decline 15 yrs ago:
:arrow: The fiscal crisis in Thailand's economy, in which Japan had invested very heavily.
:arrow: The fiscal crisis in Indonesia, effectively a Japanese economic colony, whose currency was PEG to the Japanese Yen.
:arrow: the collapse of commerical real estate market in the US; Japan was a big player in the commercial real estal market in North America.

While I agreed to those 3 "incidents" you gave were part of the WHOLE picture of the Japanese economy decline, but I do think the FACT that the Japanese government succumbed to USA pressure to re-evaluate their currency was the catalyst (??) 药引 that triggers the above domino effect, and set the above time-bombs off, i.e. the above were the CONSEQUENCES and the currency re-evaluation was the CAUSE !!! :shock: :P :oops: :wink:

I think the current Chinese govt is smarter than the Jappanese govt back then, by not allowing the Chinese RMB to move up. Even if they de-link from US$, they will still be linked to a basket of world currency.

Back then the Japan govt allowed the land prices, and stock prices to inflate into huge bubbles. We all know what will happen whenever there are bubbles in the economy. These also contributed to their recession.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:40 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
yao1fan wrote:
Okay, let's change the name of this thread to "How many times have you been to a Dim Sum restaurant?" :P

yao1fan, I don't think I can answer your queston. You couldn't do any counting when you were a baby in your mother's arm, right? LOL

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:21 am
User avatarPosts: 3406Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:22 pm
Super,

i'll respond to your query in the "non-Yao" section

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 421Location: midwestJoined: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:32 am
only been to one of yao's games, the rockets/bucks game in milwaukee

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:22 pm
User avatarPosts: 114Location: Royston VaseyJoined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:46 am
hmm... only twice... vs france, and vs italy...
at the sydney 2000 games...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:44 am
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
Sadly, I haven't been to any of Yao's games live. I do hope to be able to attend at least one...

But as for Dim Sum? Countless!!! :lol:

Offline Profile