<  Yao and me  ~  "Yao is the second best center of the world" Bill

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:00 pm
LiquidSOul wrote:
Loki wrote:
LiquidSOul wrote:
i think fasting strengthens your will power and focuses your mind, Yao should try that!!

have u tried it? why don't you try it first and tell us about it?

alot of religions use fasting as a way to achieve mind over body.

I'd rather eat whatever and whenever I want and achieve happiness with the body and the mind :lol: (don't over eat tho, or u'll get the opposet effect :wink: )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:24 pm
Posts: 3Location: Before the displayJoined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:33 pm
8)

Come on, we can't compare them in this way. How old is Shaq? How about Yao? Ok, when Yao reach the age of 30s, how about the result? Shap is an old, big, ugly fish, whereas Yao is lovely, promising, growing kid.

That's the difference!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:44 am
Ya but you have to compare them at this time. If i had to pick a center to play 1 game right now i'd pick shaq to help me win 1 game or a 7 game series.

Of course if i were building a team for future seasons and had to also take on shaq's contract, i would easily pick Yao since he has youth and potential.

But at this point from a strictly basketball point shaq is more realiable and for a 1 game or 1 series he is still the best center. He was the only players the pistons couldn't stop consistantly.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:58 am
Posts: 3Location: Before the displayJoined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:33 pm
Don't be so sure. Have you seen the basketball game of China team in Olympic Game 2004 in Athen? I can say, Yao is already a reliable man to be chosen for a game or so. His talent has been discovered and cultivated by the NBA, or rather, himself. The most unfortunate thing is his teammates are not so good. Otherwise, China team would go further.

Just imagine, if Shaq took part in the U.S. team, one thing for sure, he would take over the centre postiton from Duncan. But the result of the U.S. team probably would not be any better. And I think, as regards the best center in Athen, Yao is worth the title. My point is, back to the regular season game in NBA, he will also do the same thing too.

Yao's dynasty is coming. Time for shaq to shut up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:35 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
justinfoo wrote:
Yao's dynasty is coming. Time for shaq to shut up.

Well, we can envisage that Yao is getting stronger and stronger, even though he is still ranked only second best centre of NBA after Shaquille O'Neal by some of the basketball analysts.

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4574

IMO, now that Shaquille O'Neal is in the weaker Eastern Conference, he definitely can still own those other centres and teams in the East. But when the Miami Heats has to meet Houston Rockets,
then it is still to be seen whether Yao Ming will start to edge out Shaq.

But DEFINITELY it will be Yao Ming in another 3 ~ 4 years time, as Shaquille O'Neal is 8 years the senior of Yao Ming.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:52 pm
Posts: 1502Location: San Diego CAJoined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:51 pm
olachuwon wrote:
lol u dont listen to wat bill walton says. best true centre i reckon is HAKEEM LOL. then u have robinson, shaq, mourning and the rest of em. an THEN its YAO. u cant compare YAO to these legends its a whole diff category.

Uh what about the Stilt and BR?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:31 am
Historically speaking they are greater of course than Shaq.

Wilt have average 50pt per game for a season and it's not just the old rules that help him.

I remember an article saying for one season he did not get subbed
and played the whole game everygame including time outs.

I believe he is the only player in the NBA to play more than 48 minutes
per game for an entire season.

Russell has 11 championships
for those who like to equate championship with how great a player is
here is your best ever.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:39 am
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
god damn, no no no, if i play b-ball without breakfast, my leg just goes out. NO FASTING!!!

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:46 am
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
Can any one stop Hakeem Olajuwon when he was young? Does he have the same impact as Shaq. I think Hakeem is at least equal to Shaq if not greater than Shaq. As for Shaq, it is true that no one can stop him when he was young. Let's hope when Yao gets more matured, no one can stop him either.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:51 am
User avatarPosts: 2237Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:42 am
victorhe wrote:
Can any one stop Hakeem Olajuwon when he was young? Does he have the same impact as Shaq. I think Hakeem is at least equal to Shaq if not greater than Shaq. As for Shaq, it is true that no one can stop him when he was young. Let's hope when Yao gets more matured, no one can stop him either.

Just one quick disturbing thought, when Hakeem played against Shaq, I thought they put someone else other than Olajuwon on Shaq. However, Shaq was the one who were put to stop Olajuwon. Does that mean Shaq is more powerful. I hate Shaq too. However this sounds like Shaq is just too powerful. But I like Olajuwon better.....

Offline Profile ICQ