<  Yao and me  ~  "Yao is the second best center of the world" Bill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:22 am
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
battousai wrote:
shaq deserved to be on top with those legends,

Do you think he was better than Hakeem?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:28 am
you can't really compare those two as they are two different types of player. one more agile and other more physical.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:19 pm
User avatarPosts: 4061Location: Let The Good Times Roll!Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:34 pm
battousai wrote:
you can't really compare those two as they are two different types of player. one more agile and other more physical.

If (both in their prime) they played a one on one game to 15 single points, say best of seven games, who wins?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:36 pm
hum...if it played like tennise where u have to win two sets then they are even.

I think it will boils down to who can shoot the 3s better.

Shaq can force his way in and score. hakeen and do the hook shots. shaq can't block the hook shot and hakeen can't deny shaq in the paint.

shaq will play his inside game and hakeen will play his game around the paint. it is a matter of who can keep up the shooting percentage.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:48 pm
battousai wrote:
hum...if it played like tennise where u have to win two sets then they are even.

I think it will boils down to who can shoot the 3s better.

Shaq can force his way in and score. hakeen and do the hook shots. shaq can't block the hook shot and hakeen can't deny shaq in the paint.

shaq will play his inside game and hakeen will play his game around the paint. it is a matter of who can keep up the shooting percentage.

Somebody asked Robert Horry who was better since he played with both players. He basically said the same thing as you with Shaq's power game and Hakeem's agility offsetting each other. But he said Hakeem gets the edge since he was a better team defender and could make his free throws. He is being objective since he played with both players for almost the same amount of time and played with them in their prime.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:48 am
that's right i know my game, even robert horry agreed with me.

However in a game that you descripted, there is no much thing as freethrow. u foul u turn the ball over.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:53 am
I am glad "Bigshot" Bob believes Hakeem is better than Shaq. He has much more credibility since he played with both of them in their prime.

Offline Profile WWW