<  Yao and me  ~  Yao Ming = Borderline Stiff. Here's reasons why

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
trickdaddy1319 wrote:
tharock220 wrote:
So your definition of a stiff is dependant on athleticism is that true? Because if thats the case then Manute Bol wasn't a stiff. Would you agree to that?

Dictionary.com defines stiff as "difficult to bend; rigid". I don't see the word athleticism anywhere.

rofl now you're really desperate. Use common sense if you have any.

How the hell am I desperate dude? You come in here and post nonsense. Have you ever even played basketball before? Did you ever actually see Rick Smits, Manute Bol, or Geore Muresan play?

Was Larry Bird a stiff? He didn't have that much athletic ability. Actually neither did Magic Johnson. Was he a stiff? You don't like my opinion? Fine dumbass read what people who've actually played against Yao Ming say.

"I played him in the first game of the year last year when I was with Indiana and Jeff Foster put a forearm into him and pushed him all over the place. That doesn't happen now. Yao is so dang thick. You have to counteract his size, try to take advantage of things and make him work, and that's what I tried to do. He's wide, but he's not a 7-6 stiff like Shawn Bradley of Dallas."

- Sacramento King center Brad Miller, on Yao's improvement from his rookie season, 11/28/03

"He's for real. At that age? He's for real. He did that against three 7-footers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
Who the hell do you think you are? A college professor?
This post alone shows what you are:
an arrogant sob who just hates yao.

trickdaddy1319 wrote:
langal wrote:
ok - i can't read critically.

and i guess i shouldn't get into arguments with 12 year olds

Good decision. Your critical thinking skills are probably not up to the level of a 12 year old just yet. Maybe in a few more years. Keep studying.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:25 pm
ZingyDNA wrote:

trickdaddy1319 wrote:
langal wrote:

Good decision. Your critical thinking skills are probably not up to the level of a 12 year old just yet. Maybe in a few more years. Keep studying.

No, that's a case of "one insult deserves another." If you took the time to read the transcript you'd see the circumstances leading to that point. Get over it, langal obvoiusly did.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
This further proves my point:
u r just self-righteous and arrogant.
and of course, u hate yao :)

trickdaddy1319 wrote:
ZingyDNA wrote:

trickdaddy1319 wrote:
langal wrote:

No, that's a case of "one insult deserves another." If you took the time to read the transcript you'd see the circumstances leading to that point. Get over it, langal obvoiusly did.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 606Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:37 pm
A stiff is not defined by how well you shoot but how well you move. Rik Smits was only considered a stiff in the latter part of his career (in which he drove from the 3-point line over players are dunked over the center). :lol: Every player becomes a stiff sometime in their career.. just that some reach that stage earlier than others. In a few years, Shaq is going to be a stiff too.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:56 am
9 points, 6 rebounds vs Italy.
slightly better vs Argentina.

Stated by me after the win over New Zealand when everyone else was praising Yao:

trickdaddy1319 wrote:
If past experience holds true, after a good game of this caliber Yao will have about 2 successive sub-par games in the 13-16pts 9rb variety. We'll see if it holds true vs Argentina. YMM worshippers don't start talking about averaging 30/15 for the Olympics just yet, doh too late. Someone already did.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:40 pm
User avatarPosts: 692Location: Riverside/Fremont, CAJoined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:50 am
trickdaddy1319, I usually don't respond to posters like you, but I've seen enough of your yao-dissing posts. I mean, what's the purpose of all this? what are you trying to prove, that yao is a stiff? Yao does have his shortcomings, but so does everyone else. Can you name another person who's 7'6 and not a stiff by your standard? Yes, Yao isn't athletic, he has bad endurance, and he's not assertive enough in games; but everyone knows these already, what's the point of addressing them over and over again? I don't see the purpose in your posts, are you trying to convience people that yao is about the same as rik smith? would it make you happy if that's the case? I bash yao sometimes too after seeing poor performances from him in important games, but as a yao fan, i at least try to do it in a constructive way even though sometimes my words are a little strong. but from reading your posts, it seems like your motive is pure yao-bashing, and i'm koo with that, there are lots of people who dislike yao. however, this is YMM, a site for yao fans, and if the reason you bash yao isn't for the love, then perhaps you should consider joining a different site where everyone hates yao.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 962Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:03 am
it's funny.

for a guy like trick daddy eat crow, "yaomania.com" is actually in his favourite's folder.

i wonder why.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 962Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:03 am
the sad truth is trickdaddy loves yao

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:43 am
StocktonToMalone wrote:
trickdaddy1319, I usually don't respond to posters like you, but I've seen enough of your yao-dissing posts. I mean, what's the purpose of all this? what are you trying to prove, that yao is a stiff? Yao does have his shortcomings, but so does everyone else. Can you name another person who's 7'6 and not a stiff by your standard? Yes, Yao isn't athletic, he has bad endurance, and he's not assertive enough in games; but everyone knows these already, what's the point of addressing them over and over again? I don't see the purpose in your posts, are you trying to convience people that yao is about the same as rik smith? would it make you happy if that's the case? I bash yao sometimes too after seeing poor performances from him in important games, but as a yao fan, i at least try to do it in a constructive way even though sometimes my words are a little strong. but from reading your posts, it seems like your motive is pure yao-bashing, and i'm koo with that, there are lots of people who dislike yao. however, this is YMM, a site for yao fans, and if the reason you bash yao isn't for the love, then perhaps you should consider joining a different site where everyone hates yao.

your post is so wrought with reason.. but something tells me trickdaddy's response will be some rehashed, baseless, statement.. like: a) grow up, b) go back to school or the classic c) get some common sense.

god, what's even more annoying about trickdaddy is how boring his posts are. most trolls (i say troll, because i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't actually believe YAO is a stiff.. cause otherwise he's just retarded) are at least, you know, casual, wry, witty and smart.. even sometimes scathing.. but this guy comes in and says things like, "Personal attacks against Trickdaddy on YaoMingMania? That's impossible." or by ending a post with, "fatality." mortal kombat's cool and all, but that's incredibly lame, sorry.

you guys know that geek impersonation that conan o'brien does? or comic book guy on the simpsons? for some reason, this is exactly how i picture him. i can see him bragging on some other forums about how he's pissed off this entire board like it's some geek conquest. but i'll give that to him... congratulations trickdaddy.

Offline Profile