<  Yao and me  ~  Yao's NBA presence has re-iginited my passion for bball

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:33 am
User avatarPosts: 554Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:15 am
Basketball was a past time in my life a couple of years ago but since YAO MING has entered the league my passion has been re-ignited! :shock:

Hell, I'm even starting a team to play in a local comp next year! Dressed in a Red uniform with Black side panels! (team mates didn't want White panels :( )

If I won the freakin' POWERBALL first thing I do is book a flight to watch YAO and get stalk him in all 82 games to watch him play :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:22 am
Posts: 1502Location: San Diego CAJoined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:51 pm
Congrats.

Yao Ming has also reignited my passion for watching basketball but I've been playing my whole life.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 636Location: Expect more than others think is possible.Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:38 am
i've been playing my whole life...what yao has done is made me a rockets fan that's it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:41 pm
Posts: 1502Location: San Diego CAJoined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:51 pm
SuperMinh wrote:
i've been playing my whole life...what yao has done is made me a rockets fan that's it.

lol, that is what I was trying to mean too.

I can't express myself very good over the internet.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:30 am
Yes I have since become a Rockets fan but also remain a Jazz fan. Since Jazz lost the finals twice the NBA has been very uninteresting, till Yao.

AK47 will lead Jazz back to glory! :x

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
Yao revitalized my interest in the Rockets. I never stopped playing or anything, but Yao's rookie season was the first time since 96-97 where I watched Houston almost religiously.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:50 pm
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
same here. i gave up watching basketball but yao's brought nba back on my tv. i should send yao a bill for my nbatv.

tharock220 wrote:
Yao revitalized my interest in the Rockets. I never stopped playing or anything, but Yao's rookie season was the first time since 96-97 where I watched Houston almost religiously.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:18 am
I stopped watching NBA when Michael Jordan retired as a Bull. But when I heard about Yao Ming, my interest in basketball came back again. Thanks to Yao and the rest of the Asian ballers, Asian Pride! Also thanks to Ichiro Suzuki, my interest in baseball is even bigger then before. And again, GO ASIAN PLAYAS!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:41 am
User avatarPosts: 14Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:40 am
GKC1031 wrote:
I stopped watching NBA when Michael Jordan retired as a Bull. But when I heard about Yao Ming, my interest in basketball came back again. Thanks to Yao and the rest of the Asian ballers, Asian Pride! Also thanks to Ichiro Suzuki, my interest in baseball is even bigger then before. And again, GO ASIAN PLAYAS!!!

nod. nod..
since mj retired..nothing on nba attracted...
becoz i am chinese . though wangzhizhi make some sensation.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:54 am
WZZ? c'mon man, the only time he was ever exciting as a player was when he was still a "young raw talent". But now we can see what kind of talent he is or never will be... I admit even back a few years ago I was excited to see WZZ in the NBA, and now and then when he gets about 20 minutes he has a decent game. :?

But Puh-lease, don't make comparisons like this. IT would be like comparing Michael Jordan to Adonis Jordan (you're probably asking, "who the hell?") :lol: well yea, that's what I mean.

And I also think there probably won't be another solid Chinese player entering the NBA at least in the next 5 years again. There is so much the CBA needs to do. I remember falling asleep watching a CBA game in HK. It was the most painful game of bball ever... :shock:

Offline Profile WWW