<  Yao and me  ~  WHAT TYPE OF YAO MING FAN ARE YOU - LIKE PRY OR TRICKDADDY?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:08 pm
I related question is :

How many of us/you care about the Rockets?

Which game did you guys or gals enjoy more? The Rockets win over Jersey (where Yao sucked) or the loss versus the Hawks (where Yao played well).

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:09 pm
langal wrote:
I related question is :

Which game did you guys or gals enjoy more? The Rockets win over Jersey (where Yao sucked) or the loss versus the Hawks (where Yao played well).

i'd care about Yao ming more.
So i prefer the Hawks loss more than a NY win.
but becoz Yao is the frnachise player, his performance will always be linked to geting W's.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:34 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
langal wrote:
I related question is :

Dude, how can anybody enjoy that game against the Hawks? The HAWKS! Sure I'd like Yao to rack up 30/15 a night, but I'd rather see the Rox win with Yao going 18/10 than him going 27/11 on a loss...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:14 am
HarmLess wrote:
langal wrote:
I related question is :

Dude, how can anybody enjoy that game against the Hawks? The HAWKS! Sure I'd like Yao to rack up 30/15 a night, but I'd rather see the Rox win with Yao going 18/10 than him going 27/11 on a loss...

well i enjoyted it more than the win against the nets.
anyways, i still think Yao should play for a lower tier team like the golden state or clippers or new orleans to really prove himself.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:04 am
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
Chuck__187 wrote:
well i enjoyted it more than the win against the nets.
anyways, i still think Yao should play for a lower tier team like the golden state or clippers or new orleans to really prove himself.

The way we're playing, we're ALREADY a lower tier team...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:38 pm
Posts: 146Location: Austin, TXJoined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:48 am
I was just a casula NBA fan before Yao joined NBA. After that, I started to follow NBA closely. I learned about all aspects of basketball and also the all-time greats in NBA.

Now I realize that for a NBA player to become an all -time great, he has to
1. possess unique physique and atheletic ability
2. be proficient in fundamental skills: footwork, shooting, and passing.
3. be highly confident and competitive ("the heart of a champion")
4. have high basketball IQ: ability to read opponents' defense and offense, and great timing in passing, blocking and rebounding
5. have leadership and be able to make teammates better

In my opinion, Yao already has the first three qualities, and is good in 4) but will become much better with experience.

No. 5 seems to a common problem for all international players (No international player has been inducted to Hall of Fame so far). But unlike Sabonis, Yao came to the league at a very young age. He still has a good shot to become a Hall of Famer. The same probably applies to Dirk and Peja.

You guys can judge if I am objective or not. I am very optimistic that Yao will become an all-time great (barring career-ending injuries.)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:01 pm
pryuen wrote:
HarmLess wrote:
I'm somewhere in the middle, however, I really don't think Pry is extreme in being a Yao fan. Sure he sometimes goes overboard, but most of the time he is quite objective. Unlike you know who....

Then i guess i'm inbetween too.
:P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:35 pm
Posts: 3803Location: Bet on us!Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 am
IOno man. Have u seen the length of those chinese articles!?!? I don't think i'm that dedicated to Yao.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:50 am
i am a fan of Yao Ming because he is the most mobile center at his height. the turnaround is unstoppable and his little hook too. He also deters shots in the paint and he sets the offense in motion when he sets the picks. I got his book signed also. I have his throwback houston jersey.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:58 am
Pryuen thinks Yao is great because Pryuen is totally biased. I, in contrast, think Yao is great because he is great.

Offline Profile