<  Yao and me  ~  Dissapointment in the development of Yao

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Posts: 1502Location: San Diego CAJoined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:51 pm
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
Can you still remember Yao's first season, where Yao used his unbelievable footwork, basketball intelligence to create highlights after highlights of moves that we have never seen before. That skinny Yao who showed flashes of brilliance as he was destined to inherit the throne of basketball. Now, look at Yao, staying in the paint all day, the same moves every single time, 1 block every game, slow and overweight. they have made a brilliant and unique basketball talent into a fake shaquille. the yao u see today is not the same yao that walked onto the nba hardwood 2 seasons ago. I miss the old Yao.

The hype died off.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:14 am
User avatarPosts: 554Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:15 am
Look just kick Ewing off and that's the end of the story... He's not even developing Yao's jumpshot, which was a large part of his own repertoire.

He was never an "exceptional" scorer, rebounder or defender. It's just the fact he played for the knicks that he got a lot of attention.

If we can't get Kareem or Hakeen then bring in the Admiral! He wouldn've kicked Ewing's @rse any given day!

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
kenghis wrote:
Look just kick Ewing off and that's the end of the story... He's not even developing Yao's jumpshot, which was a large part of his own repertoire.

He was never an "exceptional" scorer, rebounder or defender. It's just the fact he played for the knicks that he got a lot of attention.

If we can't get Kareem or Hakeen then bring in the Admiral! He wouldn've kicked Ewing's @rse any given day!

I used to think the same. Get Hakeem to teach Yao and kick Ewing. Not anymore. No, I'm not saying Ewing is the best teacher for Yao. I think the best teacher for Yao is Yao himself. Kick Ewing and don't get a replacement. Let Yao be Yao. MJ was great because he was MJ, not a Julius Erving wannabe. Hakeem was great because he was Hakeem, not a Jabbar wannabe.

When Yao first came into the league he surprised us with his finesse and agility. Yes surprising because he was 7'6" and yet so skilled and talented. He showed us he had good footwork, and a soft touch from the outside. Now we have Ewing to teach him and what happens? His creativity is gone. He has become predictable in offense. It's like watching someone read aloud from a book, instead of hearing a great orator speak. Yao is like a robot on offense, and it clearly shows that he is trying too hard to move the way someone else is telling him to, instead of letting it flow naturally. I say, let Yao be Yao and I am sure he will be the greatest 7'6" center of all time. Get rid of Ewing.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:30 pm
wudude wrote:
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
Can you still remember Yao's first season, where Yao used his unbelievable footwork, basketball intelligence to create highlights after highlights of moves that we have never seen before. That skinny Yao who showed flashes of brilliance as he was destined to inherit the throne of basketball. Now, look at Yao, staying in the paint all day, the same moves every single time, 1 block every game, slow and overweight. they have made a brilliant and unique basketball talent into a fake shaquille. the yao u see today is not the same yao that walked onto the nba hardwood 2 seasons ago. I miss the old Yao.

The hype died off.

I am disappointed in you. guess you're not a fan.
and no one impersonating you either.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:05 am
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
I am all for yao adding muscle, he just looks kind of overweight on the court, i think this effects his stamina.

Offline Profile