<  Yao and me  ~  Tmac 13 points in 35 seconds...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:15 am
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am
Chuck__187 wrote:
STOP LIVING IN THE PAST PPL
tmac's OVERALL performance was one of a ball hooggin AND1 type loser.
Although Yao wasnt much better.

LEts get guys with heart and thugocity if we are gonna win this thing.

Am Chuck and I the only ones that think T-Mac is a flashy loser?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:29 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Ping Ni wrote:

Am Chuck and I the only ones that think T-Mac is a flashy loser?

Well, I won't go that extreme to say T-Mac is a loser.

He was doing okay in his first season with the Rockets. Slowly but surely he is mashing together with Yao Ming. He was outstanding and contributive in a lot of the games. Sometimes, however we could have wished he could be wiser in his selection of shots, but then we have to understand he had improved a lot as a playmaker than he was in Orlando Magic already.

But it was just that we may have set too high an expectation for the Rockets. They are just not yet there. The supporting cast for the Yao Magic Duo is not strong enough to carry them thru deeper into the playoff.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:35 pm
Posts: 3803Location: Bet on us!Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 am
T-mac's 1st year was basicly as good as Hakeem, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley and Moses Malone's 1st year as a Rocket.

He was better than Rudy T, Calvin Murphy 1st year as a Rocket.

So to call T-mac's first year as okay is doing an injustice to all those Hall of Famers.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
FFz wrote:
T-mac's 1st year was basicly as good as Hakeem, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley and Moses Malone's 1st year as a Rocket.

He was better than Rudy T, Calvin Murphy 1st year as a Rocket.

So to call T-mac's first year as okay is doing an injustice to all those Hall of Famers.

Of course he has to be as good as those Hall of Famers in their 1st year as a Rockets. :shock:

Hakeem Olajuwon and Moses Malone were almost like rookies in their first season with the Rockets.

Both Clyde Drexler and Charles Barkley were established NBA veterans and stars when they joined the Rockets,
but obviously already over their prime. Clyde Drexler was with Portland Trailblazers for 11 seasons before joining the Rockets, and Charles Barkley was with Philidelphia 76ers and Phoenix Suns for 12 seasons before joining the Rockets.

Tracy McGrady.....a 8-year NBA veteran, still has to reach his prime has to be better than the 1-year or 2-year rookie of Hakeem Olajuwon and Moses Malone, and better than those aging > 10-years veterans Charles Barkley and Clyde Drexler, who were going downslope when joining the Rockets

Therefore I don't think I am dissing T-Mac by saying he is doing okay but not great or I am doing injustice to all those Hall of Famers. :roll: :oops: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:57 pm
Posts: 3803Location: Bet on us!Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 2:29 am
moses was in his 3rd year. And barkley was averaging 13.5 rebounds a game.. if u wantta call that over his prime then go ahead. Look up the averages before u say random crap like Clyde and Barkley were over their prime when they joined Rockets. Barkley coulda gotten a championship if freaking jazz didn't ****** it up.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:10 pm
Posts: 1502Location: San Diego CAJoined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:51 pm
You should try the Rockets page.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:45 pm
Tracy Mcgrady is not a loser. He showed to be a top 5 player in the league this season by carrying the team with Yao's inconsistent play. The Rockets just lack talent and youth. Hopefully both will be adressed this offseason.

Offline Profile