<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  ROY: Suns promtion for Amare !! Where is Yao's

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 1:17 am
Posts: 146Location: San Franciso Bay Area, CaliforniaJoined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:32 am
NO WAY!!! Yao plays WAYYYYYY better then Amare. Like I said, Amare my azz!!!! pshhhhhh....F**k this co-rookie of the year. Yao deserves it all by himself. Amare can't match Yao's skills and he never will. Amare might as well be another Shawn Kemp in the future.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:49 am
Some other offbeat reasons for YM to get ROY

1/ Best comedy of the year: Sir Charles kiss
2/ Everyone wants to dunk,choke or hit on YM
3/ YM's one liners
4/ Triple 3 on Shaq - 3 blks, 3 FG in 3 min

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 2:33 am
Relax guys!!! Yao will get ROY because NBA wants to promote YM. It is all about establishing and marketing a superstar.

On a side note, the Rockets will get there number 8 seat due to Mr. Stern's ability to do so because it is all about rankings.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:57 am
Posts: 1110Location: new york cityJoined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:53 am
RedDragon wrote:
likemindeddude wrote:
Tom Tolbert and Dr. Ramsey said that their vote would be for Amare.

Someone should slap Tolbert across his bald head. I've never heard him say a single nice thing about Yao. And don't forget, that imbecilic degenerate thought that Shaq's inappropriate and immature comments on Yao were funny.

Yao will definitely be the Rookie of the Year. He has surmounted various obstacles and has had a great season. But most importantly, there is only one Yao while Amares are much more common (rare but definitely much more common than Yaos). Trite but true.

tom tolbert is a jerk. i dont know what it is, but its obvious his comments are biased and slanted. i always got the impression that he doesnt want yao ming to do well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:32 am
LUVPeja16 wrote:
Relax guys!!! Yao will get ROY because NBA wants to promote YM. It is all about establishing and marketing a superstar.

On a side note, the Rockets will get there number 8 seat due to Mr. Stern's ability to do so because it is all about rankings.

So cynical. They say Kings' fans are very bitter and you prove them right.

I don't believe the officials make bad calls/nocalls because they receive secret orders from the NBA brass. It is true the officiating is the worst aspect of the NBA game, but I think that's just because the officials are old farts with slow reflexes. Plus, there are so many games in a NBA season they easily lose focus, and there are only 3 of them in a game. Like when they misjudge which team knocks the ball out off bounds -- a mistake they commit with alarming regularity -- that is just pure but honest incompetence.

If the NBA wants its games to be more enjoyable to the fans, they should allow NFL-style challenges. For instance, they can allow teams to trade one regular timeout per quarter for a challenge.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:38 am
z3 wrote:
LUVPeja16 wrote:

So cynical. They say Kings' fans are very bitter and you prove them right.

I don't believe the officials make bad calls/nocalls because they receive secret orders from the NBA brass. It is true the officiating is the worst aspect of the NBA game, but I think that's just because the officials are old farts with slow reflexes. Plus, there are so many games in a NBA season they easily lose focus, and there are only 3 of them in a game. Like when they misjudge which team knocks the ball out off bounds -- a mistake they commit with alarming regularity -- that is just pure but honest incompetence.

If the NBA wants its games to be more enjoyable to the fans, they should allow NFL-style challenges. For instance, they can allow teams to trade one regular timeout per quarter for a challenge.

Relax Buddy!!! YM will get his ROY and the number 8 seat. Just becuss I am a Kings it doesn't mean I am bitter...

Offline Profile