<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  ROY: Suns promtion for Amare !! Where is Yao's

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 370Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:08 am
Bad news. I read ESPN today, and a good number of the analyists--many of whom are voters for the ROY award--say they are going with Amare for their pick.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
likemindeddude wrote:
Bad news. I read ESPN today, and a good number of the analyists--many of whom are voters for the ROY award--say they are going with Amare for their pick.

LMD, HAVE YOU GOT THAT ESPN LINK? I WOULD LIKE TO READ WHAT THEY ARE UP TO.

DUE TO HIS RECENT SLUMP AGAINST THE LAKERS & SPURS, YAO DID DROP TO #6 IN THE NBA ROOKIE POWER RANKING.

http://www.nba.com/milk_rookie/power_ra ... 30401.html

CARON BUTLER & EMANUEL GINOBILI WERE AWARDED ROOKIE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH.

http://www.nba.com/milk_rookie/rotm_030401.html

BUT EVEN SO, JUST A DROP IN FORM FOR 2 OR 3 MATCHES SHOULD NOT DEPRIVE YAO THE ROY, GIVEN HIS IMMESNE CONTRIBUTION TO THE ROX.

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:44 pm
Yao-za wrote:
Don't worry, I don't think AS has a chance against our YM.

Just looking at the statistic, YAO won't loss to AS.

Then we should talking about impact to the league, to the team, skills, future potential, the difficulty of transition YM faced, and the postion YM played. No way YM is not ROY. Everybody sees that, and that is why SUNS needs to do some lobby, because they know they have no chance.

Case closed.

Defintely not. It's a very closed call. YM may be statistically good but there are qualitative factors that need to be considered. Will coaches like the "agressive impact" of Amare or "Stylish Team approach" of Ming.?

I think Suns has the every right to do the promotion to influence. Self-promotion is not rare in US esp Amare does have talents and impact. I appreciate Suns effort also.

Well, YM promotes himself by his effort and not by his words. I like YM more in terms of his fresh perspective and drama brought to NBA like No.1 Draft pick, Distrust in the beginning with Turnaround performance, Drama against Shaq, team first attitude, grace , smile and wit.

Personally, I do not want him to be another Shaq. He should be physical but not dirty agressive.

PS. I also cannot find a Rox email contact.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:48 pm
pryuen wrote:
likemindeddude wrote:

LMD, HAVE YOU GOT THAT ESPN LINK? I WOULD LIKE TO READ WHAT THEY ARE UP TO.

DUE TO HIS RECENT SLUMP AGAINST THE LAKERS & SPURS, YAO DID DROP TO #6 IN THE NBA ROOKIE POWER RANKING.

http://www.nba.com/milk_rookie/power_ra ... 30401.html

CARON BUTLER & EMANUEL GINOBILI WERE AWARDED ROOKIE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH.

http://www.nba.com/milk_rookie/rotm_030401.html

BUT EVEN SO, JUST A DROP IN FORM FOR 2 OR 3 MATCHES SHOULD NOT DEPRIVE YAO THE ROY, GIVEN HIS IMMESNE CONTRIBUTION TO THE ROX.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Pyuren,

Just go the ESPN.COM and click on NBA. It's in several of the articles, where the analyists give their personal opinions on things.

Then check on the chat wraps. Tom Tolbert and Dr. Ramsey said that their vote would be for Amare. They were both leaning towards Yao, but with how Yao has recently been slipping, and Amare recently powering it through and helping his team win, they're now leaning towards Amare for ROY. Fred Carter is for Yao, too, but he said that if Yao ends his season in a slump while Amare is continuing to stride, his vote will probably switch as well.

Also, check Stein line. Another Amare supporter, and I think David Aldrige as well, though I'm not sure about the latter.

Bill Walton, I know for sure, is 100 percent behind Yao, but, then again, it's Bill Walton.

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:56 am
Posts: 853Location: The Golden StateJoined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:25 am
likemindeddude wrote:
Tom Tolbert and Dr. Ramsey said that their vote would be for Amare.

Someone should slap Tolbert across his bald head. I've never heard him say a single nice thing about Yao. And don't forget, that imbecilic degenerate thought that Shaq's inappropriate and immature comments on Yao were funny.

Yao will definitely be the Rookie of the Year. He has surmounted various obstacles and has had a great season. But most importantly, there is only one Yao while Amares are much more common (rare but definitely much more common than Yaos). Trite but true.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:58 am
likemindeddude wrote:

u dont know what u reading buddy...the people who vote for ROY awards is a basketball writer from every nba city...not them idiots from espn or from tnt...

Y u peeps even worrying about Yao winning ROY or not..put r money on it HE WILL WIN...!!!!

IF u were to ask the SUNS GM if he would trade yao for admare he would do it in a flash and even send a couple of draft pick and hardwAY ALONG WITH it...

YAO is the biggest news of any sports to come in years....I AM sure MANy voters will relaize this..beside many voter loves yao...how many times does admare gets an article in the opposing team newspaper?

yao is on a team with no PG woth only 1 other true star (francis)
he on a team who doesn't pass for shiet/// on a team with the coach gones and an assitant coach who can't do shiet...

admare has marion and stephon...

who is a clutch player? rox wil go to yao in the end of the game?
admare doesn't have that burden cause he can;t shoot FTs for shiet.

YAO is a fan faor and a media favororite ..therefor he will have no problem winning..depite the rox having a losing record///th e rox doesn;t have to make the playioff but they better have a winning record or things will be a little complicated

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 2:24 am
good analysis itchy, (not very articulate but regardless, you hit the nail right on the head)
yao is the roy for sure, especially since yao has bounced back in the last two games. one more point to think about, yao is constantly being double teamed, what other rookie, including amare, is getting that kind of attention from opposing teams?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 9:27 am
In a poll that they did a few weeks ago on the people who actually vote for ROY , Yao got 20 vote to 8 for Amare. I don't think Stoudemire had done anything much to change the mind of the voters since then. As long as Mr. Smith don't bench Yao for a extensive peroid of time then Yao should be able to keep up his stats and end up with ROY. The only chance I see that Stoudemire might win is if he had a bunch of monster games that actually carried Phoenix into the playoff and Yao slacking off during the remaining games. As far as who is deserving, Yao is definitely a much more polish and accomplish player than Stoudemire at this stage of their career. He make players around him better and create opportunity for his teammates. On the other hand Stoudemire is receiving his points from other players who create for him. From that point of view alone, Yao is definitely had more impact on the Rockets than Stoudemire had on the Suns.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:48 pm
Posts: 146Location: San Franciso Bay Area, CaliforniaJoined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:32 am
The Suns are just desparate to want Amare to be rookie of the year. That's why they're pulling out a campaign. But in everyone's mind, they know who's the real rookie of the year. Just look at it in reality who plays better, YAO OF COURSE!! Amare my azz... pshhhh. I would like to see the looks on those Suns fans when Yao get rookie of the year for sure. I think they need to prepare for it. If Yao really didn't get rookie of the year award, we all know it's a bunch of bullshiet and politics.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 6:13 pm
Uh, it's not for sure whether Yao will get it or not. Stoudamare is a up-and-coming force that deserves many accolades. Honestly, I think the award will probably be split, and Yao and Amare will end up being co-recipients of the award. That's not a bad thing at all. It's still ROY.

Offline Profile