<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Great article on Yao's Rookie Of The YEar campaign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:01 am
User avatarPosts: 370Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:08 am
Hey, I resent that! Why can't a girl be crazy about basketball. And FYI: I played basketball all four years of high-school, three of which I started on the varsity team as a small forward, and my senior year I was second team All-American.

And I'm NOT a 40 year old man. I'm not Cao.

By the way, SUPPORT the WNBA and Title IX!

GO UCONN!

My second favorite sport is vollyball. I started all four years on varsity for volleyball. Beach vollyball is even more awesome!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:51 pm
likemindeddude wrote:
Hey, I resent that! Why can't a girl be crazy about basketball. And FYI: I played basketball all four years of high-school, three of which I started on the varsity team as a small forward, and my senior year I was second team All-American.

And I'm NOT a 40 year old man. I'm not Cao.

By the way, SUPPORT the WNBA and Title IX!

GO UCONN!

My second favorite sport is vollyball. I started all four years on varsity for volleyball. Beach vollyball is even more awesome!

haha, ok, ok, i believe you! (you better not be Cao fooling the rest of us under a fake name!) nothing wrong with female nba fans, there are tons of them out there (just not many who knows about it as much as you). you go girl.

so how come you didn't play at the college level? i'm sure you could've got some kind of scholarship for a free ride. who knows, you could be playing in the wnba right now... maybe for houston...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:42 pm
5 10 is pretty small for a forward at the collegiate level, even for girls. And I had a free ride anyway. I went to West Point. I was so focused on kicking butt and learning. I don't miss playing basketball to the point where it hurts or anything. I'd like to coach a girl's team someday though.

Besides, my mom is one strict woman, and at the time. She only wanted me to play sports for one year, so I could put in on my college applications. It constantly infuriated her when I stuck with it. the only sport she approved of was Taekwondo, but only because it inspired me to improve my Korean. No, when it came to college, she was like, "You must studying! Studying all the time number one only studying! You see any college basketball hard hard studying? You all growing up now."

Then my sister would butt in and say, "Mom, she's a lesbian remember?"

Then I would beat the ****** out of her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:43 pm
User avatarPosts: 370Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:08 am
Oh, oopsie, that guest is me. me, me, me.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:13 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
likemindeddude wrote:
Oh, oopsie, that guest is me. me, me, me.

you know what they say:

Good Good Study, Day Day Up

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:13 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Anonymous wrote:
Then I would beat the ****** out of her.

LMD, OH GOSH !!!! You learnt TaeKwondo just to beat the ****** out of MollyWood !!!!

You should be nicer to your younger sister !!!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:40 am
take it easy on your sis, LMD..
j/p everyone.. just thought posting pictures are fun, don't get all mad about it
but seriously, ROY can go either way, since Yao had lots of disappointing game also and it looks like the Rockets may not make it to the playoffs
their stats are about the same and there are lots of Amare supporters also
the ROY award base a lot on stats.. just look at who won the previous years, so even Caron Butler may get a view votes

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:23 pm
Wow, likemindeddude, you were an All-American. You probably would beat me in basketball even though I'm taller than you're... but I can have an alibi cause I'm over 40.... haha.

Seriously, I am amazed by how women can play basketball based on a few times I played with them. The one or 2 I played before could really shoot. One young girl (probably a high schooler) shot 18 of our 25 points in one pickup game, and she was only about 5'7" to 5'8". Another time, this woman (around 6' to 6'1") did a double-clutch on me with a one-handed shot. I heard she was on track-and-field team at the unversity I attended that time. I would not belittle any women players after that game.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:02 pm
i saw this short, fat girl once that can shoot the lights out! i thougth she didn't look like a basketball player at first, cause i expect them to not be so fat, but she was so consistant! i played with these 2 girls a few days ago, they can't shoot too well during a game, but they played with some good fundamentals and passed the ball well.. unlike lots of the guys there

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:18 pm
Anonymous wrote:
i saw this short, fat girl once that can shoot the lights out! i thougth she didn't look like a basketball player at first, cause i expect them to not be so fat, but she was so consistant! i played with these 2 girls a few days ago, they can't shoot too well during a game, but they played with some good fundamentals and passed the ball well.. unlike lots of the guys there

The truth of the matter is women don't have the aggresiveness to play w/ some guys. seriously, i don't see girls playing street ball, in which there ARE NO FOULS, and you get hacked and smacked going in for anything easy. I broke my ankle that way once. THe girls play fundamentals, the guys play fearlessly. That's the diff, guys don't pass cuz there's nothing better than leaving a guy in your dust, squeeze play through another set of defenders, and going in for a simple layup w/ altitude.
This is why the WNBA isn't as popular as the NBA. And this is also why college basketball is sometimes better, since players are playing for ONLY PRIDE and not money. That's why women's college ball is more popular[it's what i feel] than the WNBA