Author Message

<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Great article on Yao's Rookie Of The YEar campaign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:06 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
Anonymous wrote:
i saw this short, fat girl once that can shoot the lights out! i thougth she didn't look like a basketball player at first, cause i expect them to not be so fat, but she was so consistant! i played with these 2 girls a few days ago, they can't shoot too well during a game, but they played with some good fundamentals and passed the ball well.. unlike lots of the guys there


well the way the girl shoots the ball with 2 hands allows better control of the ball, since the ball will always go the way where they aim it.

guys has to learn to shoot the ball with 1 hand since that is the "guys" way of doing it, which is alot harder without tons of practice.

So it is alot easier for girls to pick up the sport of basketball.


Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:49 pm
User avatarPosts: 370Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:08 am
Dude, girls freaking scratch! Guys have no idea! PLUS, we have breasts, and where do you think those elbows go? OUCH!

Seriously, if testicles were placed on a man's chest, the sport of basketball would be played in a completely different way.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
likemindeddude wrote:
Dude, girls freaking scratch! Guys have no idea! PLUS, we have breasts, and where do you think those elbows go? OUCH!

Seriously, if testicles were placed on a man's chest, the sport of basketball would be played in a completely different way.


.................... :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?


Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:55 pm
nah.. the girls i play with at the gym shoot like the guys.. only people that doesn't know how to play at all shoot with two hands, shooting with one hand it's not the "guys" way of doing it, everyone that plays know that's the correct way, so girls that play seriously knows what's up
girls don't necessarily pick up the game easier, it's just that they listen to advice more and learn the fundamentals


PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:58 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
Anonymous wrote:
nah.. the girls i play with at the gym shoot like the guys.. only people that doesn't know how to play at all shoot with two hands, shooting with one hand it's not the "guys" way of doing it, everyone that plays know that's the correct way, so girls that play seriously knows what's up
girls don't necessarily pick up the game easier, it's just that they listen to advice more and learn the fundamentals


well if you watch that most girl do train with 2 hands since it is hard for them to throw the distance with 1 hand. Of course those WNBA women with their training they can probably bicep curl more than me, but normal girls that is a no.


Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:15 am
Posts: 72Location: NYC, Chicago, OrlandoJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:01 am
I see that this thread has quickly deteriated into personal interest again. here is something about Yao and ROY, from the salt lake city tribune:
Rookie of the Year

Remember how vocal Yao Ming's doubters were last summer? There was so much hype for China's greatest player, and so much skepticism about the hype, that Yao was set up to fail -- indeed, half the league seemed to be rooting for him to fail -- as much as any player in recent history.
Well, he didn't fail. In fact, despite far more scrutiny every day than Caron Butler or Amare Stoudemire received in a month, despite playing in a guard-oriented offense, Yao established himself as a legitimate force.


BTW, if you guys know what PPG from the cartoon network are, there is a MTV named "Go Monkey Go", a tribute to "mojo jojo". Very funny one, I might add. :lol:


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:30 am
Posts: 336Location: CAJoined: Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:40 pm
chan9 wrote:
...... Rookie of the Year

Remember how vocal Yao Ming's doubters were last summer? There was so much hype for China's greatest player, and so much skepticism about the hype, that Yao was set up to fail -- indeed, half the league seemed to be rooting for him to fail -- as much as any player in recent history.
Well, he didn't fail. In fact, despite far more scrutiny every day than Caron Butler or Amare Stoudemire received in a month, despite playing in a guard-oriented offense, Yao established himself as a legitimate force.
....

can you provide the link ? :)


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:46 am
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
guys having balls on their chest. that's hilarious! i can almost picture it. makes scratching a bit easier in the morning wouldn't it?

likemindeddude wrote:
Dude, girls freaking scratch! Guys have no idea! PLUS, we have breasts, and where do you think those elbows go? OUCH!

Seriously, if testicles were placed on a man's chest, the sport of basketball would be played in a completely different way.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:47 am
Posts: 72Location: NYC, Chicago, OrlandoJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:01 am
adoo wrote:
can you provide the link ? :)


http://www.sltrib.com/2003/Apr/04132003 ... /47527.asp


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 6:21 pm
likemindeddude wrote:
Dude, girls freaking scratch! Guys have no idea! PLUS, we have breasts, and where do you think those elbows go? OUCH!


this is the main reason most girls play soccer and guys play bball


Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 3 of 4
34 posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
cron