<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Can I Swear???

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:58 pm
Posts: 17Location: TorontoJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:55 pm
moreover i think there is problem about the game....
how often do u see KOBE MISSING 2 FREE THROW IN THE ROLE
(the first and the second foul). perhaps his personal salute to MJ?

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:15 pm
Posts: 47Location: Washington, D.C.Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:30 am
Yao's minutes is indeed a little disappointing and coach Adelman could do better in giving him more minutes (he is a starter afterall). But I feel I can not blame all on him:

1. Yao did not help himself. Yao may have no control on getting the ball from guards, but he could do better in rebounding. Shaq is more effective. He also get feeds from other players (unlikely to be racial, they just know Shaq better).

2. Yao's talent is in blocking and passing. He did not get a chance to use or show those due to the lack of D and lack of passing in the allstar game.

3. Given that the game is on the line (4th quarter and 2 OTs), the coach need to go to the players he feel most productive. Winning is still part of the game and you can not blame a coach for trying to win a game. Shaq had been more effective.

Anyhow, this is only Yao's first allstar appearance, I am sure he will get more opportunities in the future and more playing time. Regarless how many (or few) points or rebounds he contributed, he already achieved more than almost any other rookie in the NBA history.

Yao still has a long way to go to be dominant in this league. Hopefully he has learned some of the things from other allstars and incorporate them into him game.

I totally agree that we need to keep the board free of fault language. We all need to be more tolerant of different opinions, including those not so positive about Yao, as long as they are well reasoned.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 17Location: TorontoJoined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:55 pm
definitely ppl should forcus on the issue....
and control ur emotion in the way to express ur feeling in word

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:49 pm
Posts: 41Location: HoustonJoined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:35 pm
Very nicely said by Graig. Did anyone notice how the two Boston Celtics players (Paul Pierce and Antwone Walker) seemed nonexistent (especially in the 2nd half)? So is race really the case? I think not. Think twice before you try to make foolish racial comments like that. The All-Star game is one part show-boating until the final moments when they try to win the game. Coaches can do whatever they want. I'm sure if Rudy T was coaching everyone would be happy. And if you want to see Yao play so badly goto a Rockets game.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:52 pm
Look at the game last night, I think NBA stars are so selfish. They just wants to shoot the ball and score. Look at KG, played 41 minutes and 24 shots. That's too much. In addition, I am a little angry at the end with Kobe and Shawn Marion, just let MJ win the game. It's such a beautiful shot he made and will be a forever classic moment in NBA histroy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
All is said, Zeek is a how can i say this... female canine???
he hold grudges against players, which has been known for a long time.

Back then he got this thing with MJ, which i think is one of the reason he gave MJ big minutes in the game, just to prevent people from bring back old stuff.

Then he hold this stuff with Boston Celtics, If you see the interview during the game made with Pierce and Walker, they are CLEARLY NOT happy. They said:" Ask the Coach" Then Isiah said:"It's MY team."

Just recently if you guys remember Zeek's creazy encouter with tonronto's mo pete. Well in my opinion, he should even qualify to be a all star coach. Sure he is a hall of famer, but his action sure doesnt justify that.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:17 pm
Posts: 5Location: near seattleJoined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:50 pm
i thought the whole point of allstar game was to let the fans see their favorite players play WITH each other. u can bet i wont be voting next year.. since i really see no point. i dont know if u guys caught that bit between paul pierce and walker against isiah. some reporter asked them if they expected to play a bit more b4 the game ended and they kinda gave em the :roll: and isiah responded by "it's my team!" :x give me a break. i was pissed cuz i didnt get to see my home team mvp, "the glove". nash and nowitski??? marbury??? david stern's the biggest ***** kisser of jordan. how i know.. how he gave the mvp to iverson and how he gave it to jordan and how he starts babbling on and on everytime he hears the word: Michael. there were others like magic, kareem and bird. and who's to say there will never be anyone better than jordan?? i'm sure they said the same thing bout someone else b4 jordan came along. (Ming dynasty :wink: )

god that felt gr8 to get off the chest

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 11:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
hahaha your post felt exactly like mine, glad you feel the same way
I can think of another bunch people who deserves equal recogonition such as jordan.

David Robison revolutionized the position Center
Karl Malone, John Stockton, both pioneers

But oh well, guess no one can match jordan's no longer use to airness

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:30 am
The reason why David stern and everyone loves Jordan is because he's the greatest player ever. How much money did Jordan bring in? Magic, Larry, Dr. J, Kareem, the Big O, Russell, Wilt, etc. were all great players but Michael was the greatest. The NBA is what is today because of Michael. Larry and Michael brought a fierce rivalry, but the money really came pouring in with Michael.

sircharles#1fan wrote:
i thought the whole point of allstar game was to let the fans see their favorite players play WITH each other. u can bet i wont be voting next year.. since i really see no point. i dont know if u guys caught that bit between paul pierce and walker against isiah. some reporter asked them if they expected to play a bit more b4 the game ended and they kinda gave em the :roll: and isiah responded by "it's my team!" :x give me a break. i was pissed cuz i didnt get to see my home team mvp, "the glove". nash and nowitski??? marbury??? david stern's the biggest ***** kisser of jordan. how i know.. how he gave the mvp to iverson and how he gave it to jordan and how he starts babbling on and on everytime he hears the word: Michael. there were others like magic, kareem and bird. and who's to say there will never be anyone better than jordan?? i'm sure they said the same thing bout someone else b4 jordan came along. (Ming dynasty :wink: )

god that felt gr8 to get off the chest

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:45 pm
I also thought this year's All-Star game was unfair. Yes it is a popularity contest. The players were supposed to go out there and have fun. There is no excuse why Garnett got to play like 40 minutes and Yao 15. And what's worse is that Walker played like 5 minutes. What's up with that?

The All-Star game was also a special night for Jordan but I think that they whole thing was just over the top. Seems like someone was trying to capitalize on Michael's final All-Star game.

Yao did show his respects to the older players in the league. He will have his time but this is no reason why Yao only touched the ball about 3-5 times the entire game. He was open several times with players ignoring him. Especially Duncan. I have to get this off my chest. If you look at the tape, Duncan had several wide open looks at Yao, and he just looked the other way. One of the only players that passed the ball to Yao was Shaq. And this was mainly because he was in the public's eye. He has been getting heat for his comments on Yao and that will make him try to make up for it.

Yao didn't even take one shot. He had to go for the alley-oop that Francis set up for him. The way that NBA's players play is pitiful. If anyone has ever watched a basketball game from another country, you will notice that the NBA is full of undeserving, ball-hogging showoffs.

Well, that's me and my ranting. The Golden Child

Offline Profile