<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Something positive to read: Yao's thought of the season

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:47 pm
User avatarPosts: 397Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:17 pm
From Yao's online journal at the official rocket site

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/yao_journal030421.html

[quote]Yao Ming checks in with the final installment of his online journal, giving you insights into the Rockets rookie's first season in the NBA. Throughout the season Yao Ming discussed his progress both on and off the court, including the adjustment to his new teammates, the city of Houston and a whole new culture.

(Translation by David Wen)

One of the highlights of Yao's terrific rookie season was nailing his first NBA three-pointer at Golden State.
Jed Jacobsohn/NBAE/Getty Images
April 22, 2003 - This year we lost many games that we should not have, yet we were just one step away from the playoffs. I feel positive that we will be in the playoffs next season, but we really feel like we lost some games this season that we shouldn't have. If I had to tell you the most important reasons for us not making the playoffs, I would say Rudy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 397Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:17 pm
Why there is no reply? :P

This is a proof that Yao should be ROY. He is a more complete player with both skill and the ability to evaluate the game. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:46 pm
Hey Yun!
I think all of us Yao fans are just still feeling a bit sad about Yao not getting ROY! ( hence the lack of response...)
Although it was really nice of you to cheer us up. :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:43 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
[quote="Yun"]From Yao's online journal at the official rocket site

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/yao_journal030421.html

[quote]Yao Ming checks in with the final installment of his online journal, giving you insights into the Rockets rookie's first season in the NBA. Throughout the season Yao Ming discussed his progress both on and off the court, including the adjustment to his new teammates, the city of Houston and a whole new culture.

(Translation by David Wen)

One of the highlights of Yao's terrific rookie season was nailing his first NBA three-pointer at Golden State.
Jed Jacobsohn/NBAE/Getty Images
April 22, 2003 - This year we lost many games that we should not have, yet we were just one step away from the playoffs. I feel positive that we will be in the playoffs next season, but we really feel like we lost some games this season that we shouldn't have. If I had to tell you the most important reasons for us not making the playoffs, I would say Rudy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:44 pm
Unfortunately the general American public digs ego-centric bad-boy a-holes and not nice guys. Case and point, Ray Allen (Bucks, now Sonics) is the model citizen. No fights, no tattoos, no rings on the nose, no off court scoops, no cursing at the refs - do you see anyone, media or general public, idolize the sh*t out of him? Yeah, most would say what a nice guy he is (like they do with Yao) but deep inside no one gives him any respect. Most of the NBA players have attitude problems and tattoos all over is no coincident.
Yao lost ROY and Amare is just as simple, deep inside those a-hole voters, who have huge egos themselves, dig punk-attitude Amare more than nice and "soft" Yao and give Yao no respect. If Yao had got in some fights this year Yao would have won ROY hands down.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:28 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
I just found this little gem. Thanks for posting it, Yun! Nothing better than Yao himself. You know, he's alot tougher than I thought. I really thought he was getting pretty wore out towards the end, but he's going to be just fine. Okay, I'm going to read that just one more time.... (heavy sigh :wink: )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:32 am
User avatarPosts: 299Location: MalaysiaJoined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:35 am
Hey Yun,

Great work, thanks alot for the great article...
Sometimes when you look up to someone as a rolemodel, at one point of the other you tend to forget what he has done or how he has brought himself out, that made you respect him in the first place.

This extra side had of Yao Ming has reminded me why he is one great sportsman.

Once again thanks for the GREAT article Yun.

Mandara

Offline Profile YIM