<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  YAO will lose RotY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:22 am
wintech wrote:
I like Yao but Amare's performance against Duncan in the Sun's 96-95 overtime win over the Spurs pretty much clinches it for him.

Throughout the game, Amare was preventing Duncan from getting the ball; and was overpowering him offensively. Duncan looked helpless defending Amare.

Robinson was coming over to help Duncan on a play and he drew a foul in the process.

That kid is a monster.

The Spurs should have used Menk Bateer (the second strongest bball player in th world) to play against Amare who is in no way able to mess with big Menk Bateer. Instead they kept Willis in the roster for no reason. He is no contributng at all. At least Bateer can bang some bodies.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:56 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
maldini wrote:
The Spurs should have used Menk Bateer (the second strongest bball player in th world) to play against Amare who is in no way able to mess with big Menk Bateer. Instead they kept Willis in the roster for no reason. He is no contributng at all. At least Bateer can bang some bodies.

MALDINI, WHY YOU KEEP SAYING MENGKE BATEER THE 2ND STRONGSET BASKETBALL PLAYER IN THE WORLD ??? ANY PROOF OF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING ??? I THINK IT IS AN OVER-STATEMENT !!!Image

Well, Bateer could be one of the 3 components of the Moving GreatWall of China. However, plagued with injuires, he had not really have chance to adopt to the NBA competitive environment and prove himself.

Given this is dead-or-alive playoff time, I don't think San Antonio Spurs will risk playing Bateer at all !!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:21 am
User avatarPosts: 370Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:08 am
I think the Spurs will beat the Suns without Bateer.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:30 am
likemindeddude wrote:

Nice pic.

Usually , first game of playoff is a messy one. Spurs' FT kills them.

Wow, next year Spurs will be awesome

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:38 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
likemindeddude wrote:

WHETHER THE SPURS WILL WIN OR NOT, I DOUBT THAT THEY WILL GIVE BATEER ANY PLAY MINUTES IN THE PLAYOFF SERIES !!!

Well, it will be a closely contested series, now that the Spurs lost the 1st game on home court. Given the fact that the Suns beat the Spurs 3 to 1 in the regular season, that will give extra confidence and drive for the Suns to repeat that small miracle over the Spurs. The Spurs will require extra fire and focus to get past this first hurdle.

MY PREDICTION: 4 VS 3 FOR SPURS !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:43 am
User avatarPosts: 370Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:08 am
Spurs beat the Suns 4 to 1.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:37 am
likemindeddude wrote:
Spurs beat the Suns 4 to 1.

I DON'T THINK SO !!!

Take a look at their playoff schedule:-

GM 1, April 19 @ SA
Suns 96, Spurs 95, OT

GM 2: Suns @ Spurs
April 21, 5 p.m.

GM 3: Suns vs. Spurs
April 25, 7 p.m.

GM 4: Suns vs. Spurs
April 27, 7:30 p.m.

GM 5: Suns @ Spurs*
April 29, Time TBD

GM 6: Suns vs. Spurs*
May 1, Time TBD

GM 7: Suns @ Spurs*
May 3, Time TBD

* If Necessary

So, if the Spurs can tie the series next game in San Antonio, the next 2 games will be played at Phoenix. The Suns used to play pretty good at home, with a 30-11 win-loss ratio at home; I don't think the Spurs could beat the Suns consecutively at their home court. So at Game 5 at San Antonio, I guess it should be 2 to 2 tied. Then both teams continue to enjoy the home court advantage in Game 5 & 6, tying the series at 3 vs 3.

THE SERIES WILL BE DETERMINED AT GAME 7 IN SAN ANTONIO WITH SPURS WINNING THE SERIES 4 VS 3 !!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:00 am
Maldini, here you go again, continuing to embarrass :oops: :oops: yourself :!: ....These wild claims are nonsense---like your previous claims that the NBA is a small business and it is not international

maldini wrote:
..... Amare is just an idiot who happens to know how to dunk. He is no better than ***** Larry.

For a hi schooler w no previous pro experience, AS had the most successful rookie season in the history of the NBA---much better than Kobe or Garnett. AS is either #1 or #2 in the ROY race. that's damn good.
maldini wrote:
.....Like I said, San Antonio is soft like cream puffs

Like I said, stop embarrassing yourself :!: :!: Spurs only have the best record in the NBA :!: :!: :!: LMAO

maldini wrote:
.....Ginnobili and Parker are inexperienced idiots who think they are better than they really are. Duncan usually fades in the playoffs.

i'll take their play---the best record in the NBA---over your wild-ass claim any time
maldini wrote:
.....Bateer is the second strongest player in the NBA...

another fine eg of your wild claims. Bateer is not even the 2nd strongest in his team. the Spurs' Malik Rose and Kevin Willis are stronger then Bateer

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:33 pm
Robinson injured himself in the first game, he may or may not play in the second game. Willis is even more pathetic, he was suspended for a foul in the game. It is too bad that they did not include Bateer in the playoffs roster. I am not saying Bateer is really good, but now the Spurs are without a center against the Sun which are surging recently. The Suns have a lot more veterans, than the Spurs. If they can contain Duncan who tend to fade in the playoffs, then they can beat the Spurs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:47 am
Posts: 476Location: Houston, TXJoined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:51 am
Amare's very good and he showed that against the Spurs the other day but to me the ROY award is based on the regular season and therefore I would have to give it to Yao Ming. By december Yao was being double-teamed and sometimes even triple-teamed. Plus the whole culture shock and pressure he had to overcome was huge. There is no doubt in my mind that Yao Ming is THE ROY!!! 8)

Offline Profile