<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Not looking too good for Yao to win ROY! (by himself that is

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:31 pm
Hey guys,
I just did a google search for "Yao Ming", and clicked on "articles w/ Yao Ming" and came across a ton of sportswriters articles' and who they voted for ROY!

I read about 20 articles, and only 3 of them picked Yao as the front runner for ROY! I guess they vote the top 3 choices, and Yao was #2 most of the time behind Amare! When a sportswriter voted Caron Butler as their #1 rookie, they would vote Yao as their #3 choice.

The worst article was an informal poll of 75 reporters who vote for ROY, 38 of them voted for Amare as the ROY , and only 27 for Yao!

Sorry I didn't post the links, I was feeling too disappointed! :(
Go on google.com and do a search on Yao if you'd like to read them.

The best case scenario would be Yao, and Amare sharing the ROY, other wise it looks like Amare will win it :(

I guess the deciding factor for the voters was who could take their team to the playoffs!

I think its unfair b/c Yao has better overall stats, and a more difficult adjustment, but unfortunately I'm not the one voting :?

April 23,2003 is only a few days away, so I really hope everything works out for Yao! :?

---Cheryl

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Gatorfan08 wrote:
Hey guys,
I just did a google search for "Yao Ming", and clicked on "articles w/ Yao Ming" and came across a ton of sportswriters articles' and who they voted for ROY!

I read about 20 articles, and only 3 of them picked Yao as the front runner for ROY! I guess they vote the top 3 choices, and Yao was #2 most of the time behind Amare! When a sportswriter voted Caron Butler as their #1 rookie, they would vote Yao as their #3 choice.

The worst article was an informal poll of 75 reporters who vote for ROY, 38 of them voted for Amare as the ROY , and only 27 for Yao!

Sorry I didn't post the links, I was feeling too disappointed! :(
Go on google.com and do a search on Yao if you'd like to read them.

The best case scenario would be Yao, and Amare sharing the ROY, other wise it looks like Amare will win it :(

I guess the deciding factor for the voters was who could take their team to the playoffs!

I think its unfair b/c Yao has better overall stats, and a more difficult adjustment, but unfortunately I'm not the one voting :?

April 23,2003 is only a few days away, so I really hope everything works out for Yao! :?

---Cheryl

GATORFAN, RELAX !!! NO USE TO WORRY NOW, AS THE VOTING WAS DONE ALREADY.

EVEN IF HE LOSES, YAO MING IS STILL OUR HERO AND ROY !!!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:06 pm
Posts: 476Location: Houston, TXJoined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:51 am
If Yao doesn't win the ROY award and there is no justice on earth!!!! how could u not give it to him?! I'll still be happy if they give it both Amare and Yao Ming.

Offline Profile