<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  YAO will lose RotY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:55 pm
I like Yao but Amare's performance against Duncan in the Sun's 96-95 overtime win over the Spurs pretty much clinches it for him.

Throughout the game, Amare was preventing Duncan from getting the ball; and was overpowering him offensively. Duncan looked helpless defending Amare.

Robinson was coming over to help Duncan on a play and he drew a foul in the process.

That kid is a monster.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:58 pm
playoffs are different from regular season games. Yao still has the most chance to win Rookie of the Year. Yao's efficiency is higher then Amare so in that case, he's the most deserving. Anyways, like i said, YAO MING should get rookie of the year award. If he didn't get it, then he got robbed, case close. Go Yao!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:09 pm
The Playoffs just allows all the other voters to see Amare more... since the attention was focused on Yao in the regular season.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:34 pm
The playoffs should not play any part in voting for the ROY, since not every team can play in the playoffs and most teams that draft high picks are usually not in the playoffs immediately.
The Rockets have improved a lot more than the Suns which was a better team to begin with. Amare is just an idiot who happens to know how to dunk. He is no better than ***** Larry.

Like I said, San Antonio is soft like cream puffs. Robinson and Willis are not producing, Ginnobili and Parker are inexperienced idiots who think they are better than they really are. Duncan usually fades in the playoffs. They should have allowed Menk Bateer to play in the playoffs. Bateer is big, powerful and has decent skills and that is what you need in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:39 pm
The playoffs should not play any part in voting for the ROY, since not every team can play in the playoffs and most teams that draft high picks are usually not in the playoffs immediately.
The Rockets have improved a lot more than the Suns which was a better team to begin with. Amare is just an idiot who happens to know how to dunk. He is no better than ***** Larry.

Like I said, San Antonio is soft like cream puffs. Robinson and Willis are not producing, Ginnobili and Parker are inexperienced idiots who think they are better than they really are. Duncan usually fades in the playoffs. They should have allowed Menk Bateer to play in the playoffs. Bateer is big, powerful and has decent skills and that is what you need in the playoffs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 397Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:17 pm
ROY vote deadline was already passed, so the playoff games will not effect the votes. :D

If Yao would win, he will already get all the votes, and the same goes for Amare.

Just sit back and wait for the announcement of the result.

Today games will not effect it either way. ;)

Last edited by Yun on Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:08 pm
Hey Guys!!
Yun's absolutely right!! The deadline for voting for Rookie of the Year was
3pm last Thursday April 17th. The votes are being tallied as we speak, so we just have to wait. We really can't do anything about it now!
--Cheryl :D :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 370Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:08 am
wintech wrote:
I like Yao but Amare's performance against Duncan in the Sun's 96-95 overtime win over the Spurs pretty much clinches it for him.

Throughout the game, Amare was preventing Duncan from getting the ball; and was overpowering him offensively. Duncan looked helpless defending Amare.

Robinson was coming over to help Duncan on a play and he drew a foul in the process.

That kid is a monster.

What happens in the PLAYOFFS doesn't affect the ROY award. THAT'S why the votes were all due last Thursday, BEFORE the Playoffs even started, so post-season performances wouldn't cause last minute changes in the voting.

So the votes for Amare and Yao have already been counted--as of four days ago. They're just waiting to announce it.

People can change their mind and say, Wow, I wish I voted for Amare, but what's done is done. Is Yao doesnt' win it, he doesn't win it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:10 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
maldini wrote:

MALDINI, I DON'T THINK THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS TEAM IS SOFT LIKE CREAM PUFFS!!! IT IS TOO EARLY TO TELL AS IT IS ONLY THE 1ST GAME OF THE PLAYOFF SERIES !!!

BUT I KNEW IT BEFOREHAND THAT IT WON'T BE A ROLLOVER OF THE SUNS BY THE SPURS !!

I posted earlier about the Suns chance over the Spurs.

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewt ... ight=#6493.

And judged from this very first game of the playoff series, it could really be Ge Shi Ge 格食格 , meaning sometimes a team will meet the same conqueror everytime they meet.

SO WILL THE SPURS BE ELIMINATED BY THE SUNS Image

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 12:21 am
wintech wrote:

That kid is a monster.

The Spurs should have used Menk Bateer (the second strongest bball player in th world) to play against Amare who is in no way able to mess with big Menk Bateer. Instead they kept Willis in the roster for no reason. He is no contributng at all. At least Bateer can bang some bodies.