<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Your prediction of Yao Ming's Performance next season?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:29 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
TannerSearle78 wrote:
Van Gundy--good choice. Plus, he really likes to come down hard on players who don't listen to him.

isnt he the dude who talks on ESPN b-ball games?

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:33 pm
User avatarPosts: 368Location: Fort BraggJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:35 pm
caojiong wrote:
TannerSearle78 wrote:
Van Gundy--good choice. Plus, he really likes to come down hard on players who don't listen to him.

You are correct. He does commentary. Before that he was the Knicks head coach. Before that he was the Assistant coach for the Knicks under Pat Riley. I was really sad when Van Gundy quit in the middle of the season two years ago. He's truly a coach coach, if that makes any sense. I mean, he wasn't an NBA player or anything. Before he got the Assistant coaching job, he was a high school coach, and then Riley quit, and all of a sudden he had his own NBA team. That's why he was really driven. He's not a product of NBA committees and stuff, which was why he didn't get along with the Knicks front office, and some of the players. I'm guessing really, but it seemed that he kept forgetting that NBA players are millionaires and not high-school players, so in the papers, he was quoted for saying that he just couldn't coach a team who didn't play with passion. Him and Patrick Ewing were very close though. I think him and Yao would work well together, because both men are very sincere.

Pat Riley would also be a good choice, if he ends up leaving the Heat. All I know about Pat Riley is that he runs his team like a Nazi, which would be a wake up call to all the current players like Mobely and Francis, who take advantage of Rudy's niceness.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Posts: 155Location: Deep in da Dirty DirtyJoined: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:40 am
Van Gundy actually works for TNT. He is a passionate coach and has an eye for talent. He had great success with "difficult" players during his tenure with the Knicks. He would be an asset to any team in my opinion. He is used to coaching dominating big men too.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:48 pm
User avatarPosts: 67Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:57 pm
TannerSearle78 wrote:
caojiong wrote:
TannerSearle78 wrote:

You are correct. He does commentary. Before that he was the Knicks head coach. Before that he was the Assistant coach for the Knicks under Pat Riley. I was really sad when Van Gundy quit in the middle of the season two years ago. He's truly a coach coach, if that makes any sense. I mean, he wasn't an NBA player or anything. Before he got the Assistant coaching job, he was a high school coach, and then Riley quit, and all of a sudden he had his own NBA team. That's why he was really driven. He's not a product of NBA committees and stuff, which was why he didn't get along with the Knicks front office, and some of the players. I'm guessing really, but it seemed that he kept forgetting that NBA players are millionaires and not high-school players, so in the papers, he was quoted for saying that he just couldn't coach a team who didn't play with passion. Him and Patrick Ewing were very close though. I think him and Yao would work well together, because both men are very sincere.

Pat Riley would also be a good choice, if he ends up leaving the Heat. All I know about Pat Riley is that he runs his team like a Nazi, which would be a wake up call to all the current players like Mobely and Francis, who take advantage of Rudy's niceness.

Well I know it's not good for his future, but I would love it if Van Gundy stuck to play by play commentary for TNT. Him, the Czar, and Marv are the best commentary team in basketball and basically in all of pro sports right now. They are funny as hell with Czar and Gundy constantly sniping at each other and just basically exchanging barbs. :lol: :lol: Still he has to do what's best for him, so I guess I have no other choice but to support whatever decision he decides to make. Whoever gets him though better stock up on Diet Cokes. I swear he can't go one minute without it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:26 am
Posts: 853Location: The Golden StateJoined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:25 am
16.7 ppg; 9.7 rpg; 2.1 bpg; 1.7 apg. I'm being pessimistic because I really don't think that Yao's teammates are going to change greatly by the next season. I strongly believe that they are once again going to bog him down with their selfishness. Of course unless Rudy grows a pair of balls and pounds some selflessness into their thick heads.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:46 pm
Posts: 94Location: LOS ANGELESJoined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:28 pm
My expectations for DA YAOsTEr is 25 POINTS 10+ REBOUNDS 2+ assists and 2 BLOCKS.. he too big so no steals..

It wasn't really Rudy's fault.. Rudy was sick with cancer memba PPLZ?!? It was that black dood Kenny Thomas.. i think that's his name.. the Assistant coach that messed up the 2nd half of Yao's rookie season. I hope rudy comes back and coaches again, cause the assistant coach sucks.. and i will assassinate him.. if he continues coaching.. haha.. jkjk.. aiite.. SPURS JUST BEAT THE SUNS HELL YEH!! I HATE THE SUNS AND AMARE..

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
dawhking wrote:
My expectations for DA YAOsTEr is 25 POINTS 10+ REBOUNDS 2+ assists and 2 BLOCKS.. he too big so no steals..

It wasn't really Rudy's fault.. Rudy was sick with cancer memba PPLZ?!? It was that black dood Kenny Thomas.. i think that's his name.. the Assistant coach that messed up the 2nd half of Yao's rookie season. I hope rudy comes back and coaches again, cause the assistant coach sucks.. and i will assassinate him.. if he continues coaching.. haha.. jkjk.. aiite.. SPURS JUST BEAT THE SUNS HELL YEH!! I HATE THE SUNS AND AMARE..

Dawhking, HOW CAN YOU NOT REMEMBER THE NAME OF THAT IDIOTIC ***** COACH !!!! IT IS LARRY SMITH AND NOT KENNY THOMAS, WHO GOT TRADED OUT OF THE ROX IN A PACKAGING DEAL TO THE PHILIDELPHIA 76ERS FOR JAMES POSEY FROM DENVER NUGGETS.

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:15 pm
Posts: 94Location: LOS ANGELESJoined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:28 pm
I don't give a ****** about that gorilla.. dont care if his name is FAGGOT SMITH GAY MODA ****** HEAD UGLY GLASSES AFRICAN u wanna know why!?!? CAUSE I FUQIN HATE HIM!! N I DONT CARE FOR HIM AND AFTER HE TURNED COACH I STOPPED WATCHIN.. CAUSE HE COULD SUK A NUT FOR ALL I CARE..... ALL I CARE IS yAO YAOYAYOAAOYAOOYAOYAOYOAOYAOYAOYOYAOYAOYAOYYOAOYAOYAYOOYAOYAOYOYAOYAOYAOYOYAOYAOYAOYOYYAYOAYOYAOYAOYAOYOYAOYOYAOYAOYAOYAOYAOYOYAOYAOYAOYOYAOYAOYAOYAYOYAOYAOYAOYAOYAOYAOYAOYOYAOYOYAOYAOYAOYAOY FOR MVP!!!

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 1:55 pm
User avatarPosts: 594Location: San FranciscoJoined: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:34 am
lets try to have some intelligent conversations here people and not make fun of other people or be racist.

I think Larry Smith did the best he could and I cant blame him. I think SF, Yao and JP did great jobs.. Cat was picking up his defense near the end too..

I think it was just bad luck and some inconsistency against the weaker teams that left Houston out of the playoffs.. I see them around 6th place in the Western Conference next year especially with Utah losing Malone and Stockton.

YM Jr.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:16 am
YM Jr.,
I tend to agree with you. If Yao is a true winner, he wouldn't blame the loss to someone else. He probably would find reasons within himself and improves on his weakness. We, as Yao's fans, should not just find alibi for him. If we keep blaming someone else, it's a disgrace to Yao.

I'm intrigued by your name. Are you very tall like Yao or you play basketball like Yao, or Yao is an inspiration for you?

Offline Profile