<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Yao lost the Rookie of the Year award!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:02 am
If yao was black he would ROY.
If amare was chinese he wouldnt be.
Deny it all they want race is a factor, subconciously or not.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:32 pm
Posts: 41Location: HoustonJoined: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:35 pm
People will claim that Amare got it because his team made it to the playoffs...well as far as I remember, they barely beat out the Rockets for the last playoff spot. All in all, Yao took a team far from the playoffs and made brought them close to it. Phoenix has already been in the playoffs so how is that any improvement? Yao got jipped!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:57 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Gatorfan08 wrote:
Hey guys,
Sports Illustrated just came out with their list of 101 Most Influential Minorities and Yao Ming is # 7
In the list he is the 4th highest ranked athlete behind Tiger Woods, Serena Williams, and Michael Jordan!!

Here's a link to the site! Hope it works! If it doesn't go to www.si.com, and click on the article at the bottom!! I'd go buy the issue b/c Yao is part of the cover (yet again!!)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_onl ... rder/1_20/

GatorFan,

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION.

The more I think about it, the more I felt sorry and yet angry for Yao Ming for losing the Rookie of the Year Award to Amare Stoudemire !!! Yao is so influential, recognized in his field, with ranking even higher than current NBA stars: Shaq O'neal (13), Kobe Bryant (18 ), Allen Iverson (47), Lebron James (101), with the exception of the retiring Michael Jordan (4).

WHERE IS AMARE STOUDEMIRE ???? I DON'T THINK HE MANAGED TO MAKE IT EVEN IN THE FIRST 200 MOST INFLUENTIAL SPORTS PERSON !!!!! :evil: :shock: :twisted: :x :oops:

!@#$%^&*()*&^%$#$%^&*() THE JUDGING PANEL OF SPORTS WRITERS/COMMENTATORS FOR VOTING AGAINST YAO MING !!!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:40 am
pryuen wrote:
.!@#$%^*&^%$#$%^&*() THE JUDGING PANEL OF SPORTS WRITERS/COMMENTATORS FOR VOTING AGAINST YAO MING !!!!..

calm down, PR :!:

the SI award, based on its editors' opinion, is for "societal influence' by a minority athletic. (off the court)

NBA's ROY is voted, based on performance on the BB court by sports journalists across NBA cities

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:27 pm
User avatarPosts: 2161Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:06 pm
There's something I've been thinking for awhile and I don't even know it's a racist thought or not? Before you do, hear me out. I WISH THAT THE NBA MAY ONE DAY GO BACK to the WHITE PLAYERS being the MAJORITY. THERE'S JUST NO CLASS AND RESPECT FOR THE GAME ANYMORE. I know, many of you are fuming right now, saying I am racist and or that. But I just feel that NBA is being taken over by the hip-hop generation and they have no respect for the game. I am sick and tired of hearing how unfair the whites are to blacks. Blacks are now made up over 90% of players in this league. The players are mostly from the poor innercity; raised by single mothers; mostly uneducated despite the fact they've gone to college; they all are deeply immersed in this hip-hop gangtas, bling-bling culture. I don't want my kids growing up idolizing these punks. I've always liked basketball and probably always will. But if this trend continues, I don't if I wants to expose my kids to all this. I am sure there are alot of non-black people out there that would agreee with me.

What do u guys think?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 67Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:57 pm
natedogg22 wrote:
There's something I've been thinking for awhile and I don't even know it's a racist thought or not? Before you do, hear me out. I WISH THAT THE NBA MAY ONE DAY GO BACK to the WHITE PLAYERS being the MAJORITY. THERE'S JUST NO CLASS AND RESPECT FOR THE GAME ANYMORE. I know, many of you are fuming right now, saying I am racist and or that. But I just feel that NBA is being taken over by the hip-hop generation and they have no respect for the game. I am sick and tired of hearing how unfair the whites are to blacks. Blacks are now made up over 90% of players in this league. The players are mostly from the poor innercity; raised by single mothers; mostly uneducated despite the fact they've gone to college; they all are deeply immersed in this hip-hop gangtas, bling-bling culture. I don't want my kids growing up idolizing these punks. I've always liked basketball and probably always will. But if this trend continues, I don't if I wants to expose my kids to all this. I am sure there are alot of non-black people out there that would agreee with me.

What do u guys think?

I don't think you're racist natedogg. It's just your preference to the style of play that you would like the NBA to play. But at the same time, you've gotta give the league it's respect as well. As you know there has been a huge infusion of International i.e. white players. These foreign players are exciting in their own right because they bring a new flavor to the league. However, don't you think that it would be really boring if the league was overrun by highly skilled, sweet shooting players but without the amazing athleticism that these quote on quote black players possess. I don't know about you, but I would be bored stiff if the league didn't have these amazing athletes that you could only create in video games. You just gotta look at both sides of the track on this issue. Basketball is a game of unity and what better way of showing that unity than to have the best players of all races compete on the greatest stage on earth.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 67Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:57 pm
natedogg22 wrote:

What do u guys think?

I don't think you're racist natedogg. It's just your preference to the style of play that you would like the NBA to play. But at the same time, you've gotta give the league it's respect as well. As you know there has been a huge infusion of International i.e. white players. These foreign players are exciting in their own right because they bring a new flavor to the league. However, don't you think that it would be really boring if the league was overrun by highly skilled, sweet shooting players but without the amazing athleticism that these quote on quote black players possess. I don't know about you, but I would be bored stiff if the league didn't have these amazing athletes that you could only create in video games. You just gotta look at both sides of the track on this issue. Basketball is a game of unity and what better way of showing that unity than to have the best players of all races compete on the greatest stage on earth.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:08 pm
Posts: 94Location: LOS ANGELESJoined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:28 pm
u just trippin', why you gotta put society and basketball together!??! those black kids are good LEBRON JAMES is da ******.. so they play.. white boiz suck so they dont play. simple as that...

who cares if they poor or wanna rap or wanna be gangsters who made you the commissioner right!?! they good they play they suck they go to the nbdl.. why you gotta say put all white ppl baq in the nba..

BUSH(USA) THE WORLD TERRORISTS

Offline Profile YIM