<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Yao lost the Rookie of the Year award!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:07 am
Anonymous wrote:
of course he's classless.. Amare's mother was a prostitute, so that should explain how dumb he is. FCCK Amare, he don't deserve ROY at all. :evil:

That was great :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:55 am
Anonymous wrote:
If Amare gets the award for ROY i can honestly say I won't be mad but dissapointed that Yao Ming didn't. Yao Ming definitely deserves the ROY award but Yao Ming's the kind of guy who doesn't care too much about personal awards. He's all abou the team and and how many wins they have. I bet Yao would've traded his ROY award for a playoff spot. As for Amare, he is arrogant and possibly a showoff but you have to appreciated how he came to the NBA. He's had a troubled childhood and has been in problematic situations throughout his life. So it doesn't surprise me that he lacks respect for other players and seems rude. In the end, I think Yao Ming will be the most dominant player in the NBA more like Duncan than Shaq, no one can be like Shaq. All Yao needs to concentrate on now is to relax, chill out for sometime, play with the Chinese team for the Olympics, and get stronger for next season and maybe he'll win the MVP next year! :wink:

Well, I think only you are talking sense. Some people's comments on Stud are also tasteless.

Actually, coming from a troubled family and from high school but still with excellent performance is not easy. (People interested in documentary film can try to grab "Hoop Dreams") Yao has tremendous pressure but he also has tremendous support.

It is also quite a drama as Stud is not the first 3 picks but he comes out a top rookie. He is definitely not matured and stupid to promote himself by degrading others. Yao promote himself by his deeds.

Stud is also lucky to be in a team that respects him and uses him wisely.

I am eager to see YM responding to prove everyone not voting him they drop their glasses..again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:29 am
Nawzer wrote:
The post above was by me..i forgot to log on. :?

Hahaha..while commenting on your quote, I also forgot to login in like u

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:06 am
What should we do now? We should express our utmost disgust at the NBA and tell them how ****** they really are. Pull our support if necessary. Pull those bastards down from their lofty moral highground.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:06 am
It could be a good thing to Yao Ming. It shows him the americans are not always nice.He needs to be tougher ten times to prove himself and show that their choice were wrong in the future.Forget the invitation to Shaq for dinner(what a pathetic decision)! Forget those praises!Forget the ROY! They would not stop suspecting his ability until he really proves he dominates all the players. That is the way it is! For every asian living here,nothing special for Yao.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:17 am
Hmmm...well earler on on some of these message board's I said I would be pissed off if Yao didn't win ROY. When I read an article on the Houston Chronicle's website that he did in fact lose ROY I was disappointed. Instead of being pissed off and pushing aside my craziness for Yao Ming I think Amare was a good pick for the ROY. Statically both players were very close. So the decision was almost a toss up in a sense, and what it really came down to was that Amare played a role on helping his team to the playoffs while the Rockets didn't. If it was the other way around, it is possible that we would see Yao get the award. I can't really complain about Amare getting the award because hell he is a great player.

Yes it sucks that Yao didn't get the award, but it's over with. Let's look to the possible future....Maybe I will be wrong (but hopefully I won't be) but maybe one day....just maybe Yao can be MVP. I find that award to be more of an honor then ROY...Hell maybe even Defensive Player of the Year....or hey maybe Yao can win his team (whoever he is playing with) to the Championship.....or who knows maybe Yao and Amare will play on the same team one day. Now that would be intresting. 8) Again maybe I am just dreaming...but never say never.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:17 am
Hmmm...well earler on on some of these message board's I said I would be pissed off if Yao didn't win ROY. When I read an article on the Houston Chronicle's website that he did in fact lose ROY I was disappointed. Instead of being pissed off and pushing aside my craziness for Yao Ming I think Amare was a good pick for the ROY. Statically both players were very close. So the decision was almost a toss up in a sense, and what it really came down to was that Amare played a role on helping his team to the playoffs while the Rockets didn't. If it was the other way around, it is possible that we would see Yao get the award. I can't really complain about Amare getting the award because hell he is a great player.

Yes it sucks that Yao didn't get the award, but it's over with. Let's look to the possible future....Maybe I will be wrong (but hopefully I won't be) but maybe one day....just maybe Yao can be MVP. I find that award to be more of an honor then ROY...Hell maybe even Defensive Player of the Year....or hey maybe Yao can win his team (whoever he is playing with) to the Championship.....or who knows maybe Yao and Amare will play on the same team one day. Now that would be intresting. 8) Again maybe I am just dreaming...but never say never.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:49 pm
I'm confused by the report. It was "a survey by the East Valley Tribune", athough AP published it out of AZ. Do the voters for that survey also vote for the award?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:54 pm
Unfortunately the general American public digs ego-centric bad-boy a-holes and not nice guys. Case and point, Ray Allen (Bucks, now Sonics) is the model citizen. No fights, no tattoos, no rings on the nose, no off court scoops, no cursing at the refs - do you see anyone, media or general public, idolize the sh*t out of him? Yeah, most would say what a nice guy he is (like they do with Yao) but deep inside no one gives him any respect. Most of the NBA players have attitude problems and tattoos all over is no coincident.
Yao lost ROY and Amare is just as simple, deep inside those a-hole voters, who have huge egos themselves, dig punk-attitude Amare more than nice and "soft" Yao and give Yao no respect. If Yao had got in some fights this year Yao would have won ROY hands down.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:22 pm
Where is SOLID proof he lost the ROY??? I have yet too see it. All articles are from Arizona saying AS had won already.......I am going to send my own trophy....think he will recieve it?

Offline Profile