<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  oh well

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:54 pm
vaderschariot wrote:
....C'mon HE GOT ROBBED....

in my books, YaoMing should have been the ROY.

but consider this;

at the all-star break Yao was leading AS in all statistical categories.

YM was avg ~ 13.5 ppg and 8. 5 rpg at the break; he finished the season w the same stats. AS was avg ~ 11.5 ppg and 8.2 rpg at the break; he finished w 13.5 and 8.7 for the season.

during the 2nd half, AS had better PPG and RPG---the most most critical stats for non-guards; plus his team got in the playoff.
the last month of the season---due in no small part to LS's cluelessness---was Yao's worst month.

all things considered, Yao did great. but to say that he was robbed is off-base
:!:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:04 pm
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
penny,

you make too much sense for this board. please leave. keke.

Penny wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Penny, are u Black? We could always use a non-asian perspective.

Nope, I'm not black so I guess I can't provide any non-asian perspective. I will say this though, people are saying that Amare winning the ROY was a result of his race, but did you know that Fred Carter, David Aldridge, Kevin Frazier, and Mike Tirico, who are all black, are all big supporters of Yao and actually voted for him for ROY. So if you look at it that way, I'm sure the reason for Yao not winning ROY was NOT because of racial favoring.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 67Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:57 pm
dodonose wrote:
penny,

you make too much sense for this board. please leave. keke.

Penny wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Penny, are u Black? We could always use a non-asian perspective.

Nope, I'm not black so I guess I can't provide any non-asian perspective. I will say this though, people are saying that Amare winning the ROY was a result of his race, but did you know that Fred Carter, David Aldridge, Kevin Frazier, and Mike Tirico, who are all black, are all big supporters of Yao and actually voted for him for ROY. So if you look at it that way, I'm sure the reason for Yao not winning ROY was NOT because of racial favoring.

Lol, Naw if you met me in real life you would probably think I was retarded. I'm like a mini - Shaq without the dark skin and a better looking face. :D

Offline Profile