<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Charles, Kenny & Magic - all picked Amare tonight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:35 pm
Site AdminPosts: 467Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:32 am
I just watched Inside the NBA on TNT, and all 3 of those guys picked Amare. Bummer. Kenny said the main difference was that Amare took the Suns to the playoffs, and Yao didn't. It's a bogus argument, but unfortunately perception is reality.

I predicted it several months ago when I said something like if Yao didn't get Rookie of the Year, the reason would be because of Houston's coaches and leaders. They were mediocre by losing about 15 games they should have won, and they underutilized Yao early in the season when they could have won more.

I think I said something like one of the worst black marks a coach can have on his record is to have what will be one of the greatest players on the planet on his roster (Yao), but still botch it up to where he couldn't even get him the Rookie of the Year award.

I hate to kick a man when he's down, so I won't. Get healthy, Rudy. No matter how much I rant, your well being is more important.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
I mean come on!!!! Charles picked Amare, that is an obvious, but Kenney??? WHAT THE HELL!!!!! Without Yao he wont even have the chance to see Charles kiss a donkey's *****. and Magic. WOW advice from a guy who screwed millions of women and still wont die.

It is pure BS

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:04 pm
hate to say it, but these guys probably don't want a chinese guy getting the award in their "own sport".. they've already lost it to Mike Miller and Pau Gasol in the last two, now they have some Chinese guy that comes in and take it!
but i may be wrong and they truly believe it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:08 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
it all comes down to racism. black dudes dont want a chinese dude take over their sport.

white dude ownz the business so white dudes can get awards, chinese dude owns nothing, so black dude dont want chinese dude to get the best of the young dudes award.

black dudes are being racist

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:45 am
Posts: 1319Location: New YorkJoined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 4:52 pm
hahaha. man, they have those living with HIV adds with magic all over the subway cars. everytime i see that picture of him, it cracks me up.

caojiong wrote:
I mean come on!!!! Charles picked Amare, that is an obvious, but Kenney??? WHAT THE HELL!!!!! Without Yao he wont even have the chance to see Charles kiss a donkey's *****. and Magic. WOW advice from a guy who screwed millions of women and still wont die.

It is pure BS

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:39 am
Posts: 229Location: HoustonJoined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:17 pm
i think it is the race factor. also, i think its the flair. people today are too infatuated with the big dunks, and such. they forget about the fundamentals. Also, They use the excuse that he took their team to the playoffs. this is untrue, marbury and marion 2 allstars, took their team to the playoffs. penny has been playing with life! divac said it all, amare is a roleplayer, and yao is a star!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:12 am
Posts: 72Location: NYC, Chicago, OrlandoJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:01 am
lost_elephant wrote:
amare is a roleplayer, and yao is a star!

amen!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:31 pm
Let's just hope the truth comes through in the end. AllStarVoting can't be different from ROY can it???? If Amare wasn't so cocky and gave respect where it is due then I would let the voters vote.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:50 pm
I think anyone who says that Amare took his team to the playoffs is wrong. Amare contributed but he didn't take them there. Marbury and Marion did, and if a close third goes to anyone, it's Penny Haradaway. When Hardaway was gone earlier in the season due to injuries, Amare DID step in and provide help when help wasn't expected from him.

But Yao? If Yao was not in the NBA this year, Francis would not have been able to take his team this far. There were so many games where Yao saved the Rockets, gave them wins they wouldn't gave gotten otherwise. I don't mean the winning point--which Yao did have a number of times--but building solid leads, bringing the team out of point deficits, reviving the offense.

Yao is the man on his team. Amare is just one of several men on his, and those several other men are the ones who took the team to the playoffs, not Amare.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:13 pm
Posts: 853Location: The Golden StateJoined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:25 am
I never liked Magic because of his reprehensible depravity. And I never liked Chuck because of his dysenteric mouth. Now I dislike them even more.

It's ridiculous. The Suns are ahead right now mainly because they have Marbury and Marion, who are more consistent than their counterparts on the Rockets. It just seems like Amare is doing a spectular job in Phoenix because he dunks a lot and Sportscenter usually only shows dunks and threes.

Those imbeciles on TNT keep talking about Amare's stats and rant incessantly about how he scores extremely well and blocks shots. Well, Yao leads Amare in points per game and blocks per game. In fact, Yao leads him in almost every other category. Plus, Yao had a really rough start, which hurt his averages.

Also, it really annoys me when they talk about how Amare had to undergo a great transition when he entered the NBA from high school. He's not really a high schooler. C'mon, he's twenty years old. I'm not trying to be facetious and joke about his intelligence. I'm just trying to say that some analysts have grossly exaggerated the obstacles that Amare has had to surmount. Yao on the other hand truly has had to go through a lot. He has had to assimilate a new culture and endure seething derision.

Offline Profile