<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Yao's improvement since his rookie season.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:04 am
I remember there was a time when people were saying that he is a twig.
that he makes Shawn Bradley look like Bill Russell.

Well now these are all nothing more than a memory, and soon I predict
the Yao is nothing more than another Rik Smits comment will go the way of the above comments,
it will look absurd and laughable.

Already he looked strong and muscular, and is now playing with a team that suits his type of play.

Now if he stick to the way he play and attack the basket everytime he touch the ball w/out looking to pass first and pass only if he can't shoot.

He will surely fulfill some of the highest expectation the media heap on him.

Who knows he might someday be mentioned along such hallow name as Hakeem, Shaq, Wilt, Russell, Kareem.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:55 am
Posts: 820Location: wow wow wowJoined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:25 pm
Yao needs to learn to attack/drive the basket, stop, fake, if the shot isn't there, pivot and fake again. Continue doing this until he has an open shot.

Stop those damn fadeaways from behind the backboard!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:04 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Lord_Gray wrote:

the Yao is nothing more than another Rik Smits comment will go the way of the above comments, it will look absurd and laughable.

But there is still a new poster (YOU KNOW WHO) that just joined the forum, posted an almost record-breaking 79 posts in one single day, used almost 30 posts based on Yao Ming's first 2 seasons' statistics to stubbornly debate that Yao Ming will not grow and develop to surpass Rik Smits.

How do you explain that ?? :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:52 pm
User avatarPosts: 291Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:46 pm
Lord_Gray wrote:
I remember there was a time when people were saying that he is a twig.
that he makes Shawn Bradley look like Bill Russell.

the Yao is nothing more than another Rik Smits comment will go the way of the above comments,
it will look absurd and laughable.

Already he looked strong and muscular, and is now playing with a team that suits his type of play.

Now if he stick to the way he play and attack the basket everytime he touch the ball w/out looking to pass first and pass only if he can't shoot.

He will surely fulfill some of the highest expectation the media heap on him.

Who knows he might someday be mentioned along such hallow name as Hakeem, Shaq, Wilt, Russell, Kareem.

or he'll be mentioned along smits, sabonis, or some other underachieved but overhyped centers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:20 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
nbalive2011 wrote:
or he'll be mentioned along smits, sabonis, or some other underachieved but overhyped centers.

Another brainless "masterpiece" from nbalive2011.

To mention Arvydas Sabonis alongside Rik Smits in the same sentence is an insult to the great Sabonis.

How can anyone that has the slightest basketball intelligence would have said Sabonis is an underachieved but overhyped centre??

I would be content if after Yao Ming's NBA career, he will be long remembered in basketball history as great and famous a centre together with his youthhood idol, Arvydas Sabonis.

http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4703

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:30 pm
man Arvydas was crazy he looked like kobe+shaq in hakeems body, i never watched full games of him up until he came to the US when he was old and worn out, but i saw some video clips and that guy had some sick moves and he had very good speed for a big guy

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:31 pm
pryuen wrote:
Lord_Gray wrote:

the Yao is nothing more than another Rik Smits comment will go the way of the above comments, it will look absurd and laughable.

But there is still a new poster (YOU KNOW WHO) that just joined the forum, posted an almost record-breaking 79 posts in one single day, used almost 30 posts based on Yao Ming's first 2 seasons' statistics to stubbornly debate that Yao Ming will not grow and develop to surpass Rik Smits.

How do you explain that ?? :oops:

:wink: Becaue he is a Little girl who Yao spurned, that is the explanation.
In case you don't know what I am talking about. Check out the real reason trolls hate Yao article I posted on Yao's personality index :wink:

Offline Profile