<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Change the All Star format

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:07 am
User avatarPosts: 368Location: Fort BraggJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:35 pm
YaoMing2003 wrote:
TannerSearle78 wrote:
I think it'd be a good idea to have the all-star game after the season is over. But to have a best of seven all-star series?

That'd be a nightmare for the players. The season and post-season is long enough as it is, especially with the fact that all play-off rounds are a best-of-seven series. The all-star players on the championship winning team especially wouldn't want to have to play another best-of-seven series. to top it off, no NBA players would want to spend a week and a half traveling to seven different cities for games that wouldn't count for anything but glory.

As is, the one all-star game we have isn't taken all that seriously by the players. Nobody plays defense. People pass less because they want to make high-light dunks. The players screw around on the court because they also don't want to wrisk injury in a game that really doesn't count for anything. And you want to stretch that to a best of seven series?

One of the purposes of the all-star game is to give NBA players a break. Having it at the end of the season is a nice idea, but not if you're going to make it a two-week event. By the end of the season, players are nursing injuries, training, or resting, or spending time with their family, and the last thing they'd want to have is a laborious two weeks of playing.

Thats why i said, which ever team wins they get 1 mill each. No one is dumb enough to past that up. Or make it a 5 game seris then. first to 3 game wins.

Hate to break it to ya', but once an NBA player reaches All-Star status, a million dollars is cheap change.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 12:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 247Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 1:26 pm
TannerSearle78 wrote:
YaoMing2003 wrote:
TannerSearle78 wrote:
I think it'd be a good idea to have the all-star game after the season is over. But to have a best of seven all-star series?

That'd be a nightmare for the players. The season and post-season is long enough as it is, especially with the fact that all play-off rounds are a best-of-seven series. The all-star players on the championship winning team especially wouldn't want to have to play another best-of-seven series. to top it off, no NBA players would want to spend a week and a half traveling to seven different cities for games that wouldn't count for anything but glory.

As is, the one all-star game we have isn't taken all that seriously by the players. Nobody plays defense. People pass less because they want to make high-light dunks. The players screw around on the court because they also don't want to wrisk injury in a game that really doesn't count for anything. And you want to stretch that to a best of seven series?

One of the purposes of the all-star game is to give NBA players a break. Having it at the end of the season is a nice idea, but not if you're going to make it a two-week event. By the end of the season, players are nursing injuries, training, or resting, or spending time with their family, and the last thing they'd want to have is a laborious two weeks of playing.

Thats why i said, which ever team wins they get 1 mill each. No one is dumb enough to past that up. Or make it a 5 game seris then. first to 3 game wins.

Hate to break it to ya', but once an NBA player reaches All-Star status, a million dollars is cheap change.

SO your saying the all stars wouldn't want to play in the seris???

So tell me why nba players get mad and piss when they get snubed from the game, when they are really just paying them 25 thousand if they win?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:37 pm
User avatarPosts: 368Location: Fort BraggJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:35 pm
YaoMing2003 wrote:
TannerSearle78 wrote:
YaoMing2003 wrote:
TannerSearle78 wrote:

SO your saying the all stars wouldn't want to play in the seris???

So tell me why nba players get mad and piss when they get snubed from the game, when they are really just paying them 25 thousand if they win?

NBA players get "mad and pissed" about not playing enough in the All-Star game because it's all about glory, not money.

I get what you're saying. NBA all-stars do care about the All-Star game, but if the NBA were to change the format to a best-of-seven series, most of them would groan and whine about having to do it.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:39 pm
Ok , we all know what the lovely and handsome tannersearle has to say about this anybody else??? Nawser, I'm surprise you haven't put your two pesos in yet

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:03 pm
mister yaoming2003, u are full of non-sense - all your reasons for the an all star series is made of dust.

by far the best idea is to have a USA vs another top country game. Only problem could be that bsaketball USA would get a chunk of the money from the nba. But it would be sure to be serious basketball. The players will be playing for national pride, as well as simply being selected for future chances to represent their country. The usa team coach doesnt get much of opportunitiy to try new plays and develop a bit of team chemistry.
Also the quality of international competition is good enough, that the top 2 or 3 teams would give the usa a run for their money.
Alternatively, a rest of the world vs the USA would also be a good match. Imagine yao ming lining up with dirk and nash, and maybe a few of the top guns from europe can have a test of the nba water.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:26 pm
Of course all my stuff is made of dust, it was only a suggestion. We all want to see the best of the best fight it out. I just want them to do it more then once a year

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:54 pm
Is my picture of Becky hott or what?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:00 pm

Look at Shaq's cheesey smile. So cheesey you just want to smack him

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:42 am
Mabey its a real smile...? You may think Shaq is bad but he donates to charites and is active in many programs. Is Yao? Im not sure if he is or not. Shaq may have said some stupid stuff but you have to give him respect for being as great as he is but you dont have ti like him.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:44 am
User avatarPosts: 2540Location: HKSARJoined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:07 am
http://www.yaomingmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=602&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Quote:
Originally, Yao Ming wanted to stay away from the media but he voluntarily appeared in front of the cameras in the end. In Shanghai, Yao Ming attended a charity activity to raise money against SARS on 11 March. Yao Ming donated 500,000RMB personally. And with his connections, the NBA officials and famous players also donated money.

Snackbar,
You have the right to defend for O'Neal but please choose your word carefully. Don't make me hate you again!

:evil:

Offline Profile