Author Message

<  Yao and me  ~  Yao Ming = Borderline Stiff. Here's reasons why

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:36 am
Posts: 760Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:27 pm
StocktonToMalone wrote:
trickdaddy1319, I usually don't respond to posters like you, but I've seen enough of your yao-dissing posts. I mean, what's the purpose of all this? what are you trying to prove, that yao is a stiff? Yao does have his shortcomings, but so does everyone else. Can you name another person who's 7'6 and not a stiff by your standard? Yes, Yao isn't athletic, he has bad endurance, and he's not assertive enough in games; but everyone knows these already, what's the point of addressing them over and over again? I don't see the purpose in your posts, are you trying to convience people that yao is about the same as rik smith? would it make you happy if that's the case? I bash yao sometimes too after seeing poor performances from him in important games, but as a yao fan, i at least try to do it in a constructive way even though sometimes my words are a little strong. but from reading your posts, it seems like your motive is pure yao-bashing, and i'm koo with that, there are lots of people who dislike yao. however, this is YMM, a site for yao fans, and if the reason you bash yao isn't for the love, then perhaps you should consider joining a different site where everyone hates yao.


Go back and read all 23+ pages of this thread. Most of the people on here disagreed with me when I said he couldn't jump, was slow, and had bad endurance. You underestimate the extent of the blind ass-kissing on these forums. You can't believe it, but you need to start believing.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:37 am
Posts: 760Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:27 pm
mzymmm wrote:
it's funny.

for a guy like trick daddy eat crow, "yaomania.com" is actually in his favourite's folder.

i wonder why.


Are you trying to sound like a l33t hacker or something? This site is not in my favorites folder. oooooh blew your cover.

Face.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:36 pm
User avatarPosts: 7215Location: Austin, TX Home of the RoseBowl Champions and NCAA basketball champions.Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:24 am
trickdaddy1319 wrote:
StocktonToMalone wrote:
trickdaddy1319, I usually don't respond to posters like you, but I've seen enough of your yao-dissing posts. I mean, what's the purpose of all this? what are you trying to prove, that yao is a stiff? Yao does have his shortcomings, but so does everyone else. Can you name another person who's 7'6 and not a stiff by your standard? Yes, Yao isn't athletic, he has bad endurance, and he's not assertive enough in games; but everyone knows these already, what's the point of addressing them over and over again? I don't see the purpose in your posts, are you trying to convience people that yao is about the same as rik smith? would it make you happy if that's the case? I bash yao sometimes too after seeing poor performances from him in important games, but as a yao fan, i at least try to do it in a constructive way even though sometimes my words are a little strong. but from reading your posts, it seems like your motive is pure yao-bashing, and i'm koo with that, there are lots of people who dislike yao. however, this is YMM, a site for yao fans, and if the reason you bash yao isn't for the love, then perhaps you should consider joining a different site where everyone hates yao.


Go back and read all 23+ pages of this thread. Most of the people on here disagreed with me when I said he couldn't jump, was slow, and had bad endurance. You underestimate the extent of the blind ass-kissing on these forums. You can't believe it, but you need to start believing.


Dude he isn't ass-kissing. He's simply trying to look at your logic and make sense of it. You act like you're the only one here who ever has anything bad to say about Yao. I'll be honest with you. Last season when everyone was saying Yao could average 30ppg and 20rpg if Steve and Cuttino weren't on the team I was getting annoyed. However, I'm able to look at Yao's performance objectively because I'm a Rockets fan. My goal is to see the Rockets win, and when Yao is doing something that is hurting the Rockets' chances of winning I get angry at Yao. Let's compare that to what you appear to be based on your post. You act a lot like the blind "Yao is the best ever" people you claim to dislike. The only difference is instead of blindly supporting Yao, you blindly bash him.

So as a person who is able to look at Yao objectively I feel obligated to tell you that your idea that Yao is a half stiff is retarded. He's clearly got skill, he's clearly able to move about the court with no trouble, and with the exception of Marbury's crossover his lateral movement is excellent for a big man.

Your theory that a lack of athleticism makes is a stiff is moronic. When you come up with a fault of Yao's comparable to Shawn Bradley's then maybe someone will respect you opinion, but right now everyone thinks your posts are garbage.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:58 pm
Posts: 760Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:27 pm
The fact of the matter is most of the people here think Yao can leap giant buildings in a single bound, is faster than a speeding bullet, and more powerful than a speeding locomotive.

Quite frankly, THAT gets really annoying as well.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:00 pm
User avatarPosts: 962Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:03 am
trickdaddy1319 wrote:
mzymmm wrote:
it's funny.

for a guy like trick daddy eat crow, "yaomania.com" is actually in his favourite's folder.

i wonder why.


Are you trying to sound like a l33t hacker or something? This site is not in my favorites folder. oooooh blew your cover.

Face.


interesting, so u memorized this site's address.

it's in ur heart then...

HAHAH say it trick daddy eat crow, say u love YAO


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:18 pm
User avatarPosts: 948Location: Washington, DCJoined: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:52 pm
:D Who said yao can leap buildings??
lol, u think everyone here believe yao is superman!?

trickdaddy1319 wrote:
The fact of the matter is most of the people here think Yao can leap giant buildings in a single bound, is faster than a speeding bullet, and more powerful than a speeding locomotive.

Quite frankly, THAT gets really annoying as well.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:52 pm
Posts: 760Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:27 pm
mzymmm wrote:
trickdaddy1319 wrote:
mzymmm wrote:
it's funny.

for a guy like trick daddy eat crow, "yaomania.com" is actually in his favourite's folder.

i wonder why.


Are you trying to sound like a l33t hacker or something? This site is not in my favorites folder. oooooh blew your cover.

Face.


interesting, so u memorized this site's address.

it's in ur heart then...

HAHAH say it trick daddy eat crow, say u love YAO


It's not hard to memorize the address to this site, maybe it is for you....


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:24 pm
Posts: 1109Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:44 pm
it's obvious by the amount of time he spends here that
he knew Yao was great and feel that he needs to
somehow rationalize that Yao is not great to feel better.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:25 pm
User avatarPosts: 4900Location: PhilippinesJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:06 pm
trickdaddy1319 wrote:
The fact of the matter is most of the people here think Yao can leap giant buildings in a single bound, is faster than a speeding bullet, and more powerful than a speeding locomotive.

Quite frankly, THAT gets really annoying as well.


So you try to balance that by doing the exact opposite? So you think that Yao can't jump over a piece of paper, is slower than a snail on Valium, and weaker than a newborn baby?

Now everybody knows how you'll respond to this. "I never said he can't jump over a piece of paper, is slower than a snail on Valium, and weaker than a newborn baby".

So I'll just save you the trouble and say, "Nobody said that Yao can leap giant buildings in a single bound, is faster than a speeding bullet, and more powerful than a speeding locomotive".

And to that you'll reply "Read between the lines. What I was saying was that everyone here thinks Yao is a God"

And I'll respond "Read between the lines. You think Yao is the Devil."

The whoile point is, if you claim to hate the "Yao is God" people here, maybe you should start with yourself and be more objective.


Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Harmless

I suspected either Trickdaddy1319


:arrow: has been banned
:arrow: or he/she has a change of heart or mind on Yao Ming
:arrow: or he/she felt frustrated of being openly, reasonably and objectively rebuked by loyal Yao Ming fans here as he/she started to realize he/she had come to a wrong fan forum in first place
:arrow: or he/she decides to "hibernate" now in the off season and wait for the pre-season or the new season to come back to continue harrassing Yao Ming

Anyway, he/she has not shown up for almost 2 weeks now,
which is unusual. So maybe don't provoke/trigger him/her into action again. Just leave him/her alone for the fun, love and quietness of our forums. :shock: :P :oops: :wink:


Offline Profile

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Page 24 of 26
259 posts
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
Search for:
Post new topic  Reply to topic
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum