<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Change the All Star format

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:57 pm
User avatarPosts: 247Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 1:26 pm
Since baseball change thiers, heres what i had in mine.

1. Use the Nfl's format of having the all starff game after the season

2. Instead of one game make it a 7 game sercis, and all in diffrent citys. That would be smart, because the nba would be making money

3. With the sercis they can switch out players, so we don't have to hear about how someone got snubbed.

4. The team that wins the sercis gets a million each.

What ya think?

I know i spelled sercis wrong, forgot to

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:54 am
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Well, I like the idea of having it after the season's over... be a nice way to come down from the playoff high.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:35 am
i personally think, screw the all star game, with the advent of international basketball games should become de-facto all-star games.
THere is no way on earth they'll play properly, conference pride is no-exist, no point in risking injury by playing hard.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:13 pm
You can't ban the all star game!!! Thats how te nba makes money. Tickets, The rookie game, SLam dunk contest, the jerseys. The all star game is to let the best of the best duke it out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:17 pm
mmm, i think thats called the olympics. The all-star game is pointless, no-one plays D, there is nothing on the line. Its the nba's lame attempt to copy the major league baseball.

Yao ming should have skipped the all-star this year, and spent that weekend resting. Maybe if he did that he wouldnt have been soo puffed out.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:30 pm
User avatarPosts: 368Location: Fort BraggJoined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:35 pm
I think it'd be a good idea to have the all-star game after the season is over. But to have a best of seven all-star series?

That'd be a nightmare for the players. The season and post-season is long enough as it is, especially with the fact that all play-off rounds are a best-of-seven series. The all-star players on the championship winning team especially wouldn't want to have to play another best-of-seven series. to top it off, no NBA players would want to spend a week and a half traveling to seven different cities for games that wouldn't count for anything but glory.

As is, the one all-star game we have isn't taken all that seriously by the players. Nobody plays defense. People pass less because they want to make high-light dunks. The players screw around on the court because they also don't want to wrisk injury in a game that really doesn't count for anything. And you want to stretch that to a best of seven series?

One of the purposes of the all-star game is to give NBA players a break. Having it at the end of the season is a nice idea, but not if you're going to make it a two-week event. By the end of the season, players are nursing injuries, training, or resting, or spending time with their family, and the last thing they'd want to have is a laborious two weeks of playing.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:30 pm
TannerSearle78 wrote:
I think it'd be a good idea to have the all-star game after the season is over. But to have a best of seven all-star series?

That'd be a nightmare for the players. The season and post-season is long enough as it is, especially with the fact that all play-off rounds are a best-of-seven series. The all-star players on the championship winning team especially wouldn't want to have to play another best-of-seven series. to top it off, no NBA players would want to spend a week and a half traveling to seven different cities for games that wouldn't count for anything but glory.

As is, the one all-star game we have isn't taken all that seriously by the players. Nobody plays defense. People pass less because they want to make high-light dunks. The players screw around on the court because they also don't want to wrisk injury in a game that really doesn't count for anything. And you want to stretch that to a best of seven series?

One of the purposes of the all-star game is to give NBA players a break. Having it at the end of the season is a nice idea, but not if you're going to make it a two-week event. By the end of the season, players are nursing injuries, training, or resting, or spending time with their family, and the last thing they'd want to have is a laborious two weeks of playing.

Thats why i said, which ever team wins they get 1 mill each. No one is dumb enough to past that up. Or make it a 5 game seris then. first to 3 game wins.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:25 pm
wtf do u think the money is gonna come from???
are the fans gonna get screwed for it.
seriously, all-star game is a relic of the past. It should be replaced by a Team USA vs the next best national team (ie Yugoslavia) in the world game.
It would ave natinal pride on the line, and give a chance for the national team to get yearly practice together.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:37 pm
No need to get heated up Chucky. With the 5 or 7 game seris, and the all star games will be in diffrent citys, you will have sold out areas. All star games aren't cheap.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:44 pm
a series is the worst possible idea yet.
where is evidence that all the games will be sold out??? THats pure speculation, and uncertainities are not good for busineess.
Its just exhibition basketball for sakes.
Plus, think of the owners of the teams. THey are the ones forking out the big cash for the superstars, how much of a disaster would it be to get a player injured or even the fatigue that the players suffer. If i was mark cuban or ne GM or coach, i would whatever possible to stop my players from participating - so that they get a good rest and are able to front up for the rest of the season.

Look at yao , he made a mistake for turning up at the all-star game, he barely played - and would have been much better off resting.

Offline Profile