<  Yao and me  ~  POLL: Have you ever been caught in public surfing YMM.com?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:07 am
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
Who here has been caught looking at this forum? i have never seen anyone else besides me on this website in real life. Once some guy stared at my screen for a good long while when i was responding to someone's thread. I am sort of a closet YMM fan, so I feel a little embarrased when people catch me surfing on YMM.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:41 pm
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
I have been caught looking at this forum once in school by another student lol. She just replied cool and looked away. She was also on the inernet so she didnt tell on me. Man for someone to just stare at the screen? WTF? He must be some little kid or just retaded/.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:32 pm
User avatarPosts: 438Location: The worldJoined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:46 pm
NYC Yao Fan in UMich wrote:
Who here has been caught looking at this forum? i have never seen anyone else besides me on this website in real life. Once some guy stared at my screen for a good long while when i was responding to someone's thread. I am sort of a closet YMM fan, so I feel a little embarrased when people catch me surfing on YMM.

Wow, what was your reaction to that guy? I would have been really annoyed if someone was staring at my screen and I would probably give him a dirty look or something.

I don't even go on this site out of my house. I have a phobia of letting people know about my personal life.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:05 pm
User avatarPosts: 10633Location: PhillyJoined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 am

Don't be ashamed of being a Yao fan, Yao isn't ashamed of his fans. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:45 am
User avatarPosts: 640Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:54 pm

NYC YFUM,
Come out of your closet. There is nothing to be embarrased about. Yao is not only a great b-ball player, he is quite a decent human being. Would you still be embarrased if he was black or white and you were on his website? I am proud to be his fan and feel honor that we share the same Chinese ancestry(I guess that is the only thing we have in common). As a matter of fact, I used to be a Lakers fan because I live in L.A. However, when someone ask me now which is my favorite team, I would reply loudly that it is the Houston Rockets because yao is on the team.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:59 pm
User avatarPosts: 3993Location: ChinaJoined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:47 am
no, i let everyone know i'm a Yao fan, i'm just hesitant when it comes to surfing this site.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:17 pm
no, i let everyone know i'm a Yao fan, i'm just hesitant when it comes to surfing this site.

tsk tsk

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:01 pm
User avatarPosts: 2491Location: "Nothing is good nor bad; The thought is what makes it so."Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:17 pm
Dont u hate it whenver you are on a website at the library ect. and someone just stares at whatever website you are on? I just wanna turn around and deck them in there face. Its dam annoying.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:33 am
MingDynasty11 wrote:
Dont u hate it whenver you are on a website at the library ect. and someone just stares at whatever website you are on? I just wanna turn around and deck them in there face. Its dam annoying.
I just stare right at back at him until he get the idea. :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:10 pm
WHAT!

u r embarassed to be seen visitin this site? i on the other hand surf this site wishing that others do the same. i tell anyone interested in Yao or nba about this site.

i hardly ever visit any other forums so i might not know what to expect but what i know for sure is that alyhough this place is far from being honest, mature or reasonable but it is informative and can be entertaining. it also gives u an insight on how people percieve, think, react to certain issues. id like to think its also about being an oriental striving for equality n harmony as much as supporting Yao n each other. so there's everything for everyone.

having said that, most of the supporters and fans from other racial backgrounds quite possibly find it too intimidating to contribute here. even visiting this forum could be an experience of a lifetime to most of them n may even leave a mental scar on some. when u consider some of the topics being discussed like; i like rat meat to picture of ewing n an ape, its hardly surprising. i think we should work on these issues. certainly, we need the moderator to be active, contribute frequently n show some leadership qualities n not be prone to 'coma' like somebody recently mentioned. n we as a member need to think about our fellow members when deciding a nature of topic. u cannot pollute everything with politics. although, done in the right way, a healthy debate can be a positive step towards understanding koreans, japanese, taiwanese, vietnamese, phillipino or even yanks, aussies, brits, iranians... perspective of the issues.

it has a long way to go to be considered a credit to Yao but its not all bad.

Offline Profile