<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  ROY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:43 pm
I know i hate to say this but i think A.Stoudemire will win ROY. :x god i hated saying that. i sure do hope Yao is gonna win

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:57 pm
I still hope they can be co-ROY... If NBA officials have power to pull some strings, they would go for this...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:09 pm
User avatarPosts: 370Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:08 am
Here is some good news.

I was reading the daily ESPN chat line with Marc Stein, and a user asked the question, "Do you think Yao should really win Rookie Of the Year over Amare?"

And Marc Stein wrote,

"This whole time I was thinking I was going to vote for Amare all the way, but in the end, I just couldn't vote against Yao. I just had to vote for Yao Ming. It's just too obvious. Yao has oversome so much this season--new culture, the high expectations, the criticism, ect--and though Amare has made a big jump, Yao means a lot more to his team. I wish I could vote for both, but unfortunately the ballots can't be split. Co ROY only happens if the votes for two Rookies are pretty much even. So, in having to choose one, I chose Yao, even though I made up my mind to vote for Amare."

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:21 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
likemindeddude wrote:
Here is some good news.

I was reading the daily ESPN chat line with Marc Stein, and a user asked the question, "Do you think Yao should really win Rookie Of the Year over Amare?"

And Marc Stein wrote,

"This whole time I was thinking I was going to vote for Amare all the way, but in the end, I just couldn't vote against Yao. I just had to vote for Yao Ming. It's just too obvious. Yao has oversome so much this season--new culture, the high expectations, the criticism, ect--and though Amare has made a big jump, Yao means a lot more to his team. I wish I could vote for both, but unfortunately the ballots can't be split. Co ROY only happens if the votes for two Rookies are pretty much even. So, in having to choose one, I chose Yao, even though I made up my mind to vote for Amare."

SURELY HOPE ALL THE OTHER JUDGES ON THE JUDGING PANEL WOULD TAKE THE SAME STANCE AND LOGIC THINKING AS MARC STEIN !!!

LET'S ROOT FOR YAO FOR THE ROY !!!

ImageImageImageImageImage

:P :oops: :P :oops:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:15 am
Posts: 72Location: NYC, Chicago, OrlandoJoined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:01 am
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
It

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:13 am
Who gets to vote for ROY award?? I am kinda confused....

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:15 am
Sports Illustrated senior writer Jack McCallum voted YM the center for 3rd all-NBA team, yet he's going with AS for ROY. go figure. I mean we have YM right up there with the rest of the guys like Piece, Jermaine O'Neal, Marbury, Nash.. and he's not better than AS? why didn't he chose AS to be part of the 3 all-NBA teams?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:47 am
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
Well, not sure about whether the information contained in the following article is true or not. It was released today over major Chinese websites: Tom.com and Sina.com.

http://sports.tom.com/Archive/1019/1042 ... 26422.html

[color=darkblue][i][b]Forget about the rest of the article, except the last paragraph:-

[size=150]由于NBA总部已私下通知小巨人,要其做好到纽约领奖的准备,并透露其获奖的可能性高达90%。

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:55 am
Quote:
Miami's Caron Butler received two votes for rookie of the year and Houston's Yao Ming was shut out. Stoudemire was the easy winner among the Cavs. Stoudemire leads all rookies in rebounding at 8.9 and he is averaging 13 points a game. He also has been vital in the Suns' making the playoffs.

"He's had a heck of a year," said Cavs rookie Carlos Boozer. "Amare's been so dominant. Caron and Yao will give him a run for rookie of the year, but Stoudemire's had the best season among rookies."

fnck the clevland cavs. they are just bunch racist n*****s

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:10 am
chan9 wrote:
... the clevland cavs....

no need to get so work-up by the comments of a bunch of losers.

the Cavs are the NBA doormat for a reason---they're bunch of losers :!:

Offline Profile