<  Yao and me  ~  Yao Ming's new nick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:50 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
xraymom wrote:
James Taylor

Oh, and when it comes to invoking the all-powerful name of Yao, don't forget the Tibetan monk-like chant to be intoned before every game:
"Yeeeeaaaooowww-eeeooowwwww--eeeeaaaoooooowwwwww"
:lol:

GEEEEEEEZ, he must be very young then when that photo was shot.

Look at the current day James Taylor !! OMG !! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:

I only remember 2 great songs of his: You've Got A Friend (wrote by Carole King) and Fire and Rain back in the 70's. It was just like yesterday !!!!
:shock: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:56 pm
User avatarPosts: 2949Location: xraymom saysJoined: Thu May 22, 2003 11:52 am
Those are my two personal favorites. And I don't care how much hair he has on his head... he'll always be sexy!

So, you didn't say a word about my chant... I guess you have to hear it to appreciate it :?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:07 pm
User avatarPosts: 59329Location: Hong Kong/ChinaJoined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:13 am
xraymom wrote:
Those are my two personal favorites. And I don't care how much hair he has on his head... he'll always be sexy!

So, you didn't say a word about my chant... I guess you have to hear it to appreciate it :?

Can you post a MP3 link of that song Sweet Baby James ??? :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink: I just know how to sing You've Got A Friend, and I think I can sing it BETTER than Willy Hung !!!! :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:09 pm
Sweet Baby James isn't a song (I think). It's James Taylor's nick... since we're on the subject of nicknames....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:26 pm
xraymom wrote:
Sweet Baby James isn't a song (I think). It's James Taylor's nick... since we're on the subject of nicknames....

LOL !!!! I thought you REALLY know James Taylor. :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink: Sweet Baby James is one of James Taylor's most popular songs, but that I don't remember how to sing. It was the title and title song for his very successful and popular album in 1970 in which he wrote a lot of songs (including the classic Fire and Rain) that drew upon folk, soul, and rock influences by augmenting his acoustic guitar and soothing vocals with laid-back accompaniment (which included equally influential singer-songwriter insurrectionist Carole King on piano).

I checked that out on Internet. The song was written as a lullabye for JT's new-born nephew James, son of his brother Alex. He composed part of it in the car while driving to see him for the first time.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:31 pm
woah... I just learned more about James Taylor than I ever knew. You're right.. I'm no fan :oops: I'm so embarrassed.
But I did know about the Carole King bit. I grew up listening to her album Tapestry. She's one of the best.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:34 pm
Posts: 468Location: somewhere in uranusJoined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:04 am
"good night ya' moonlight ladies, won't you let me go down in my dreams.....humblahblah....sweet baby james, it was the blahhumblahdada and the turnpike blahumdadumblah............" - great tune! Anyway, Yao's nickname should be: "Chairman Yao" or "the Ultimate Weapon", or maybe "the Chinese Fromwaydowntown" - I like that one the best! Or maybe "That Huge Forinr."

Aceman..........out

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:38 pm
fromwaydowntown wrote:
Or maybe "That Huge Forinr."
t

Good Lord... :roll: .
Calling Yao something like that would be enough to get you guys going for days!!!! :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:34 pm
Hey X, long time no talk!

What's with the new pic?!? (I'm sure someone already asked and you've already provided the answer, but I'm too lazy to look :oops: )

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:40 pm
hey, GoYao. It's James Taylor. Ain't he hot? :wink:

Offline Profile