<  Yao's rookie season 2002-03  ~  Yao lost the Rookie of the Year award!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 12:36 pm
Hey Guys!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news! But this was just released from the Associated Press as of 28 minutes ago...
:cry: :cry:

Report: Stoudemire to win rookie honor

Posted: Tuesday April 22, 2003 2:57 PM

MESA, Ariz. (AP) -- Amare Stoudemire will win the NBA's rookie of the year award, according to a survey by the East Valley Tribune.

The newspaper reported Tuesday that with more than 70 percent of the voters responding, the Phoenix Suns forward had an insurmountable lead over Houston center Yao Ming.

The newspaper said 49 voters had Stoudemire first, to 31 for Yao. Miami forward Caron Butler had 11 first-place votes.

All 91 of those responding had Stoudemire either first or second on their ballots, while Yao was picked third by 19 voters. A player receives five points for a first-place vote, three for second and one for third.

Even if Yao finished first and Stoudemire second on the remaining 35 ballots, Stoudemire still would win, the newspaper concluded.

Mike Tulumello, the reporter who did the survey, said he had heard from even more voters on Tuesday, and their comments reinforced the conclusion that Stoudemire would win.

Stoudemire would be the third Phoenix Suns player to win the award, following Alvan Adams in 1976 and Walter Davis in 1998. He would be the first player to come directly from high school and win the honor. ""

I totally do not understand this!!
Yao's stats are better than Amare's!!
What do you all think??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:05 pm
it's all politics. America hates to see an Asian homeboy breaks stereotypes and be the star. They want to make sure Asians are weak in sports. So F**K NBA. Yao don't win rookie of the year and he's the most deserving, I'm not watching NBA no more. Boycott it. F**K NBA if Yao doesn't get the award. F**K Amare.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:38 pm
User avatarPosts: 3504Location: LIU XIANG'S COUNTRYJoined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:11 pm
all i got to say is

fak those judges

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:39 pm
Anonymous wrote:
it's all politics. America hates to see an Asian homeboy breaks stereotypes and be the star. They want to make sure Asians are weak in sports. So F**K NBA. Yao don't win rookie of the year and he's the most deserving, I'm not watching NBA no more. Boycott it. F**K NBA if Yao doesn't get the award. F**K Amare.

Calm down.
Magic Johnson, along with many great players, didn't win ROY.
it's disappointing but it will only motivate Yao to work harder this off-season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:42 pm
I am going to send my own ROY trophy to the Rockets address :cry: YAO deserved it and if anything split it. Think Yao would recieve it?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:05 pm
Hey guys!

I'm not even going to say that Amare does not deserve it, because he does , he had a great season! BUT!

Yao is tied with him with points per game.
Yao is #1 in blocks
Yao is #1 in double-doubles
Yao is #1 in efficiency rating
Yao had more assists and steals than Amare.

The only stat that Amare had better than Yao is Rebounds! and that was
Amare 8.8 vs Yao's 8.2

Yes Amare got to the playoffs but that's mainly because Stephon Marbury and Shawn Marion!!
Plus Yao had better stats and played less minutes than Amare!
Amare was actually on a team that passed him the ball!

Don't you all think its a bit unfair??
--Cheryl

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:41 pm
Gatorfan08 wrote:
I'm not even going to say that Amare does not deserve it, because he does , he had a great season! BUT!

Yao is tied with him with points per game.
Yao is #1 in blocks
Yao is #1 in double-doubles
Yao is #1 in efficiency rating
Yao had more assists and steals than Amare.

The only stat that Amare had better than Yao is Rebounds! and that was
Amare 8.8 vs Yao's 8.2

Don't you all think its a bit unfair??
--Cheryl
YaoMing had a great rookie season---ROY or not---much better than i had anticipated.

as was noted, Magic Johnson, NBA hall-of-famer did not win ROY despite having much better stat than Larry Bird. and Magic led the Lakers to the Championship. Magic led the league (not just Bird) in assist, double-doubles, triple-doubles, and efficiency. Bird had better ppg---24 to 17---and won the ROY.

Both Yao and AS had great rookie seasons. short of major injuries, should they continue to improve, both will become hall-of-famers.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:58 pm
Ok Ok you have a point!!

Bill Russell, Walt Frazier, Bill Walton, Kevin Garnet, T-Mac, and Kobe all did not get ROY!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:24 pm
If this is true it only proves that NBA still is and always will be full of BS politics and dark and rotten on the inside. Amare is a good player, i give him credit for that, but he only got his numbers without the opposing team double-teaming him all the time. Amare's got better player around him too, can you imaging if Yao and Amare traded teams? You know what will happen to their individual stats? Yao's will dramatically improve and Amare will go down the drain.

Many have said that ROY depended on making the playoffs, I guess that's where it hurted Yao. Even so, Suns probably would still make the playoffs without Amare and the Rox would be no where close without Yao. The bottom line is, Suns is still a good team without Amare and Rox will be nothing without Yao, therefore Yao has had a much greater impact on his team, therefore Yao will always be the ROY in my heart.

F*%K the voters, bunch of ****** suckers voting either to return a favor or has been bought. They can all go to hell.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:24 pm
this is all fccking politics, very unfair!!!!!!!!!!! Yao has better OVERALL stats then Amare but those stupid racist judges don't want to vote Yao cause they want to make sure Asians can't play sports. FCCCK that! FCCCK those stupid judges. Hope they all die. BOTCOTT NBA!!! Yao got robbed and everyone knows it. Yao has better overall stats then Amare so Yao is the real ROY. Amare will always be Marbury and Marion's B*TCH but Yao is the main key to the Rockets' success. GO YAO, FCCCK Amare.